Air Raid

Thread: Air Raid

Blog Entries

Air Raid

Does anybody happen to know if there is a gun sound not used much like for example instead of sounding like a gun you could give it one shell to fire and make the sound a looping air raid siring instead of a single not looping bang. I don't know if it would work or not but It wouldn't work having mutable sirens all out of sequence with each other. That would mean you would only want one ship to have it in a mission and the rest you wouldn't have said gun or make it inactive before playing a mission. I thought about the Pilot Kill thing too but that means something needs damaged and would allow mutable sirens too of of sequence. Perhaps a Extra effect in the DP file be a sound like Pilot Kill?

I one time I think I was able to make a gun play the siren.wav but never could think of a good way to keep it playing. My best idea was a AA gun that could shoot real far but I could see it randomly stop shooting off and on.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback I had a gut feeling it wouldn't be the solution. Geez about the only thing that might work is a gauge activated siren. they are radio gauges but i've never used one probably because I'm not the kind of person who has earbuds and earphones on 24/7 anyway so no tunes is fine with me more often than not. That doesn't mean I don't like music it means it's not my sole purpose of living.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but I believe there's a stock sound called "siren" in CFS2 that you can add to any mission using Mission Builder. I use it sometimes at the beginning of a mission and have it play a continuous loop while the player starts his engine and takes off. You can control it using triggers and events. As I say, I think it's a stock sound, if not you can find one online and download it. I do the same thing with a klaxon sound and a voice saying "General Quarters, General Quarters, all hands man your battle stations" over a PA system. Makes a great background sound effect on carrier takeoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Coyote View Post
    Not sure if this is what you meant, but I believe there's a stock sound called "siren" in CFS2 that you can add to any mission using Mission Builder. I use it sometimes at the beginning of a mission and have it play a continuous loop while the player starts his engine and takes off. You can control it using triggers and events. As I say, I think it's a stock sound, if not you can find one online and download it. I do the same thing with a klaxon sound and a voice saying "General Quarters, General Quarters, all hands man your battle stations" over a PA system. Makes a great background sound effect on carrier takeoffs.
    Cody: I too have used that siren wav at the beginning of missions. I think, it is a CFS1 sound effect.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Well MB can't read the siren.wav as MB only sees sounds in the SOUND\action. Not a problem as you can copy sounds into it.

Next is that the sound needs to loop using the repeat action in MB. The siren.wav as is won't work as it is not a perfect 6 sec. I guess you could copy and paste the sound in a sound editor to get it like a min or 2 long and skip the repeat action MB.

Blog Entries
    CFS2 is a bit fussy sometimes. I’ve converted some files to wav. and they wouldn’t play in cfs2 but would in everything else. Some would work just fine but others didn’t.

Could be the wrong wav format or maybe CFS2 has max file size cap for sounds?

Blog Entries
    Yeah I'd say something like that. I don't know how many formats there are or which one works in CFS2 I just knew it's a wav. sound. I'll need to dig deeper to find out. Sometimes I will find a sound like in mp4 then I'll convert it to wav. online for free and sometimes it would work and others not. Must be something like that.

I use the free software Audicity to modify sounds files as needed. Some of my .wav files are well over a megabyte and function fine in CFS2. Drop them in your SOUND/action folder and add via MB.

Put the sound file into SOUND\action and play the test mission. The sound will play for 1 min. If you edit the Sound_Event to use Repeat Actions When True the sound will play any time the player is in the Event Area bubble.

AirRaid_Sound_Mission.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Put the sound file into SOUND\action and play the test mission. The sound will play for 1 min. If you edit the Sound_Event to use Repeat Actions When True the sound will play any time the player is in the Event Area bubble.

AirRaid_Sound_Mission.zip
    Good one Allen! I'd never thought off triggering a siren while a flight is in an Area. I'll have to use that one.

All I did was take the siren sound from CFS1, renamed it 673.wav and put it into the action folder. That way, in MB I just go to the last one in the priority sounds action list and add it to the event I am creating.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Blog Entries
    Thanks I’ll check it out soon.

Blog Entries
    Nice. Thanks this needs to be added in missions that aren’t strictly aerial fights like for instance your in a wildcat fighting Zeros but Val Kate and Betty want a piece of Midway then it should be used but overwater aerial fights just play some Butt Kicken Southern Rock or Japanese instrumental music depending on who your fighting for.

Members who have read this thread: 0