Inibuilds Bf-108 Taifun Released 2/24 - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inibuilds Bf-108 Taifun Released 2/24

Just checking the latest update. The prop disk is much darker now and the animation of the disk itself looking pretty bad. Is anyone else seeing this in the new update? The aircraft still wants to roll left.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Just checking the latest update. The prop disk is much darker now and the animation of the disk itself looking pretty bad. Is anyone else seeing this in the new update? The aircraft still wants to roll left.
    Not only that, it still possesses its atrocious takeoff characteristics.Maybe some of you that can take it off will share just how you do it, because I sure can't! It's one of the best looking flawed airplanes I have purchased, too bad I cannot fly it and I shall not keep anything in my hanger that I cannot at least takeoff and fly, nor can I recommend it for anyone else to purchase until inaBulids fixes the flight dynamics!

Cazzie

I'm having no problems with take off or landing, though I agree that the aircraft does have a slight tendency to roll to the left. In the weight and fuel menu, I'm setting the pilot and co-pilot to about 60-70 kg, with 50% fuel. No passengers in the back, and nothing in the baggage compartment. As for the roll, I have a Loupedeck with one of the rotary encoders set to aileron trim - just one notch to starboard. I assume a key bind for aileron trim will allow the same.

I set the weight and balance similar to Paul and then just try to use good taildragger technique on takeoff. With any taildragger you want the tailwheel planted firmly until it's ready to come up, then bring it up quickly for directional control. In the 108, you can bring the tail up almost immediately upon advancing the throttle; if you delay, it will tend to stagger into the air in the 3-point attitude, not good, that's when it tends to roll. As with any taildragger you are flying the airplane from the moment you start the takeoff roll and you have to be active on the ailerons (really all flight controls) right away while you "fly" it down the runway on the mains to gain speed. I have not encountered any problems with taking off in the 108 other than the usual screwy MSFS excessive yaw instability which requires you to dance on the pedals more than other sims.

August

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I think it is like it was. Maybe You have different weather, or something like this now, and you noticed something new. I didnt notice here any changes.

1/ I see better drag of flaps, now you can do better landing!
    2/ clssic cockpit its a good option (I requested this, so thx iniBuilds!)
    3/ how to enable chocks? I was writing to connect it to parking brake, hmmm.

btw. remember that it isnt the last patch, few reported things are still to do.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Chocks are enabled in the EFB.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Not only that, it still possesses its atrocious takeoff characteristics.Maybe some of you that can take it off will share just how you do it, because I sure can't! It's one of the best looking flawed airplanes I have purchased, too bad I cannot fly it and I shall not keep anything in my hanger that I cannot at least takeoff and fly, nor can I recommend it for anyone else to purchase until inaBulids fixes the flight dynamics!

Cazzie
    I'm not having any problems with take offs either, but I have auto-rudder on under the Assistance Options (I don't have any foot pedals
    -the joys of retirement downsizing- and find I need that option on to control taildraggers on take off).

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I think it is like it was. Maybe You have different weather, or something like this now, and you noticed something new. I didnt notice here any changes.1/ I see better drag of flaps, now you can do better landing!2/ clssic cockpit its a good option (I requested this, so thx iniBuilds!)3/ how to enable chocks? I was writing to connect it to parking brake, hmmm.btw. remember that it isnt the last patch, few reported things are still to do.
    I belive you are correct about the lighting on the prop. Although I did not notice the prop flicking effect in the original drop of the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Not only that, it still possesses its atrocious takeoff characteristics.Maybe some of you that can take it off will share just how you do it, because I sure can't! It's one of the best looking flawed airplanes I have purchased, too bad I cannot fly it and I shall not keep anything in my hanger that I cannot at least takeoff and fly, nor can I recommend it for anyone else to purchase until inaBulids fixes the flight dynamics!Cazzie
    Zero problems with flight or take off. Just the slight roll to the left which can be trim corrected. I find slow application of throttle to full power, and a bit of elevator pitch provides a smooth runway path to rotation. This is without yoyo's modification. Sorry you are having issues. it's a fine aircraft, one of the better in the sim so far.

I see spots everywhere, I need a break I think

Screenshot (4134) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Nonono Jankees, it's fine, you're doing great!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I started with something simpler, although I'm not saying this model is easy to paint. It has many small elements placed in different places, a bit like Miliviz models.

I thought I'd do it this weekend but I was with my family so I had little free time. I'll probably finish it this week.
    It won't be easy, but what are the challenges for after all.
    Last edited by YoYo; March 5th, 2023 at 11:20.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I see spots everywhere, I need a break I think

Screenshot (4134) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    Oh yes nice job JK, well done for this challenge. I imagine the precision work that will require the connection of the spots.
    Richard

we're getting there:

Screenshot (1307) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1306) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

almost feels a shame to put those ugly black crosses on it..

Screenshot (1308) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

no wrong colors this time? now is the time to say so!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Colours seem ok! Time to slap on those crosses JK!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I certainly wouldn't complain if there were two versions

im colorblind, but thats pretty effective to me.

we're getting there:

we're getting there:

JanKees, may I ask if this is the photo that is inspiring your repaint ?

I know that you have colour blindness, and I wonder if you are aware that the 'splodges' on your repaint are green, while the ones on the ground are brown. The Me-109 photo shows how effective the camouflage was when seen from above - because the colours match.

The blotches on that '109E were green too (RLM 80), just severely darkened in that high contrast photo. This was to match/blend with the green shrubs and trees that can actually be quite plentiful in regions of the Saharan desert.

I suspect that the repaint is to be based on this well-known/often-depicted Bf 108?

From the old "Official Monogram Painting Guide to German Aircraft: 1935-1945" book, with great color chips (Luftwaffe tropical colors; RLM 78, 79, & 80):

Today, there are at least three restored license-built French Nord 1002 Pingouins painted in that scheme, including F-AZMR, F-BAUF, and F-BDUP, pictured below. Nord G-ETME in England also used to sport this scheme.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; March 9th, 2023 at 19:18.

yes,the Sonderkommando Blaich version is the one I'm going for. And those are the colors I used, based on the colors as mentioned on the old Simmerspaintshop site, but after the last P-40 color debacle I'm not sure I have the right ones, since I can't see them properly...

we're getting there:

Wow, great work, well done! I know it takes a lot of tweaking, patience, and lots of trying to get it right. I hope that despite this you had fun.
    Richard

I wonder if they are still working on another patch for Taifun. Not all things have been resolved with patch 1.0.1. Certainly the last patch improved some things and it was quite good, but I think that the flaps still cause too small drag for example.

With flaps 20 degrees during descending at a small angle you can able to accelerate instead of braking. It's definitely better, but still not enough.

Also in C&D not all things are on OFF position (like fuel tank), and slats they don't fit in full, even without any positive AoA.

I hope 1.0.2 incoming sooner or later.

Btw. I found manual in the net https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/18...st-edition.doc. It is for Nord 1002 Pingouin II, so it concerns some modification that took place in French factories from 1942, but the flight characteristics are the same or very similar like oryginal Taifun with Argus AS10 (240hp vs 220 hp).

Ah, okay - I wasn't aware of the Sonderkommando Blaich camouflage. Carry on, it looks great!

we're getting there:

remember that this cross is present on YouTube too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bez*tytułu.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2