Help with Tobii eye tracker 5!

Thread: Help with Tobii eye tracker 5!

Help with Tobii eye tracker 5!

EDITED: I found the solution to my problem. I'm leaving this thread here in case anyone else has problems.

I had to uninstall the FaceTrackNoIR program as described here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/settings-setup-guide-for-the-tobii-eye-tracker-5/502973/19?page=2

Original problem...
    I bought a Tobii eye tracker 5 and can't get it to work at all in MSFS. I've followed the instructions in tutorial videos to the letter and it doesn't respond to either my eye or head movements. I know that my computer is recognizing it, as the Tobii Experience software is working just fine. It's calibrated to my eyes, and recognizes their movement. However, when I run MSFS there's no response to anything...
    Last edited by DaveKDEN; February 6th, 2023 at 10:09.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Thanks! I've also ordered this and waiting for delivery. I don have Facetrack but I do have the old TIR3 that I wish to replace with Tobii but would like to keep it for backup. It seems I may not be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Thanks! I've also ordered this and waiting for delivery. I don have Facetrack but I do have the old TIR3 that I wish to replace with Tobii but would like to keep it for backup. It seems I may not be able to.
    Hey Dimus, I think you'll be happy with the Tobii over the TIR3. One of the video reviewers I saw mentioned how he preferred the Tobii over TIR, primarily because he didn't have to wear a hat with the TIR clip. I was running a Logitech 1080P/30FPS cam with FaceTrackNoIR and the Tobii is VASTLY superior. I know that comparing that with TIR is Apples vs. Oranges, but once you "tune" it, the Tobii is outstanding in it's precision.
    Cheers,
    Dave

I got it and I’m very happy! Works out of the box in MSFS and with easy setup in DCS. I also did not have to uninstall the TIR software, no conflicts so I can still use it as backup.

I also use both the head and eye tracking which if tuned well adds a lot to the immersion, especially in DCS when dogfighting.

Members who have read this thread: 0