Dark Cockpit Environment

Thread: Dark Cockpit Environment

Dark Cockpit Environment

One concern I've come across is a dark cockpit, regardless if I have all the cabin and dash board lights on the light environment is dark ?? Any ideas what I've over looked ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    One concern I've come across is a dark cockpit, regardless if I have all the cabin and dash board lights on the light environment is dark ?? Any ideas what I've over looked ?
    Maybe a silly question. Have you turned up the lights? Some airplanes do not use an on-off switch.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    Could you post a screenshot showing the problem ?

Any particular plane ?

Hello Simmers, Heck if I can post a screen shot , not possible Just loaded the Flt Sim on my PC this past weekend, took the Cessna 152 and Citation for some daytime circuit and bumps when I noticed especially with the 152 the panel lighting is bright in the middle of the dash board but very dark on the cockpit peripheral almost like the remaining cabin wasn't being immersed in the sunshine coming thru the cabin windows ?? With the Citation all the panel lights are at their fullest but I'm finding it difficult to read the panels. I remember back in the FSX days hitting the "L" key took care of the cabin lighting which was always very bright but it certainly isn't the case with MSFS2020 at the moment.

I don't have the Citation, but from what I understand, the 152 is really geared more for day use in this sim. The only interior light available is the dome light.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Appreciate the thought Tom, I've pushed every button possible in the 152 with no better results, although I will say the 172's interior lighting during the day is noticeably better .... go figure ??

Members who have read this thread: 0