Msfs 2020

Thread: Msfs 2020

Msfs 2020

I want to purchase MSFS 2020 for my pc, is there a non Xbox version or will the xbox work on windows 11 ?

Aircanuck, I purchased my version from the MS Store which mentions it is the XBox version. Works perfectly in Windows 11. Hope this helps. It is a fantastic program. Made me completely abandon Prepar3d. Never thought I would do that.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

If you have a Steam account, my recommendation is to get it there. From what I've seen on various forums, there seems to be fewer update glitches with the Steam one. It's run almost flawlessly for me. I'm on Windows 11 too.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Aircanuck, I purchased my version from the MS Store which mentions it is the XBox version. Works perfectly in Windows 11. Hope this helps. It is a fantastic program. Made me completely abandon Prepar3d. Never thought I would do that.
    Thank you, appreciate your help. Plan on spending the weekend getting things up and running ... wish me luck !

The PC version is the same program whether Steam or Store. The path to the folders is the only thing that really changes. MS may call it an Xbox program, but the PC version has slightly different coding. It supports a few more features not yet available on the console.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I recommend against the Steam version, actually. It adds a layer of complexity when buying add-ons from the sim marketplace, and you need to keep Steam running. I’d suggest buying it from the Windows Store or Xbox app included in Windows 11. (If you use the Xbox app in Windows 11 to buy it, you’re actually buying the PC version. Don’t even get me started on the branding confusion there.)

Also, when you start the sim and it prompts you to download the rest of the files, I suggest choosing a custom folder such as D:\Flightsim. Lowers the risk of having to re-download all of the files if you decide to participate in a beta, reduced long-filename issues, and just a lot easier to find your Community folder.

I recommend buying from the MS Store rather than Steam, for the same reasons given by DennyA.

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I"d recommend the Steam version.
    It's easier and more stable to handle for everything related to installation and updates.
    Buying from the internal marketplace is the only thing that is more difficult with the Steam version than the MS Store version, but the excepted the Carenado airplanes, there's nothing you want to buy from there anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    but the excepted the Carenado airplanes, there's nothing you want to buy from there anyways.
    I disagree. There are actually quite a few good planes available. The Cirrus Vision Jet is an outstanding addon, although I would suggest waiting for the authors to update their implementation of the G3000 suite to match the newly renovated stock version that was coded by the Working Title people.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I disagree. There are actually quite a few good planes available. The Cirrus Vision Jet is an outstanding addon, although I would suggest waiting for the authors to update their implementation of the G3000 suite to match the newly renovated stock version that was coded by the Working Title people.
    It is indeed a very good addon, but I was unaware they sold it *only* through the FS marketplace. :/

Members who have read this thread: 0