Missing systems

Thread: Missing systems

Missing systems

Does anyone have any details on what systems (.dp file) might be using the following numbers?

49 (possibly Port Cheek Gun??)

This is what I have from DPED121
    Nose Structure 0
    Coolant Reservoir 1
    Oil Reservoir 2
    Engine One 3
    Engine Two 4
    Engine Three 5
    Engine Four 6
    Hydraulics Reservoir 7
    Pilot 8
    Radio 9
    Fuel Tank 10
    Aux Fuel Tank 11
    Starboard Fuel Tank 12
    Left Aux Fuel Tank 13
    Left Tips Fuel Tank 14
    Port Fuel Tank 15
    Right Aux Fuel Tank 16
    Right Tips Fuel Tank 17
    Fuselage Structure 18
    Rudder Control Cable 19
    Bomb Release 20
    Bomb 21
    Elevator Control Cable 22
    Port Wing Structure 23
    Port Guns 24
    Port Flap 25
    Port Aileron Control Cable 26
    Port Gear 27
    Port Wing Tip Structure 28
    Port Aileron 29
    Starboard Wing Structure 30
    Starboard Guns 31
    Starboard Flap 32
    Starboard Aileron Control Cable 33
    Starboard Gear 34
    Starboard Wing tip Structure 35
    Starboard Aileron 36
    Tail Fwd Structure 37
    Tail Aft Structure 38
    Port Elevator 39
    Starboard Elevator 40
    Rudder 41
    Centre Gear 42
    Bomb Bay 43
    Machine Guns 45
    Cannon 46
    Port Cheek Gun?? 49
    Starboard Cheek Gun 50
    Chin Gun 51
    Upper Gun 52
    Port Waist Gun 54
    Starboard Waist Gun 55
    Lower Gun 56
    Tail Gun 57
    Coplt Gun 58
    Lower Rear Gun 61
    Torpedo 62

Best summary was by Captain Kurt sime time ago - so useful I copied it into a txt file & continue to refer to it years later ...

Here you go...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks, - that sorts out 47 and 48 at least!

DPED121 shows 11 as Aux Fuel tank

I will try out 49 as a "Port Cheek Gun" and see if it works, - it seems logical that it might be, and possibly 53, 59, 60 might work ok as guns. - I'll post here if they seem to work or not.

I noticed that the (stock) ships don't follow any of the aircraft systems numbering, and just use negative numbers so i'm going to do some testing to confirm if I can knock out individual guns/systems on ships. Also it would be nice to see if a ship can be given an "engine", (or rudder) system and if destroying this might slow it down. Might make for some additional factors in missions where slowing a ship down (Bismark?) becomes the mission objective rather than sinking it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RWILLS View Post
    Thanks, - that sorts out 47 and 48 at least!

DPED121 shows 11 as Aux Fuel tank

I will try out 49 as a "Port Cheek Gun" and see if it works, - it seems logical that it might be, and possibly 53, 59, 60 might work ok as guns. - I'll post here if they seem to work or not.

I noticed that the (stock) ships don't follow any of the aircraft systems numbering, and just use negative numbers so i'm going to do some testing to confirm if I can knock out individual guns/systems on ships. Also it would be nice to see if a ship can be given an "engine", (or rudder) system and if destroying this might slow it down. Might make for some additional factors in missions where slowing a ship down (Bismark?) becomes the mission objective rather than sinking it.
    About the only way your going to get the ships drive able with engine and ability to steer is by making the game think it's a airplane. It doesn't have to fly but it has to be able to taxi. They might pose a challenge in mission builder also as they are airplanes not ships. That's my two cents worth but of course if somebody knows something I don't here why we would all benefit by telling it.

I wasn't really thinking of making the ships driveable for the player, more interested in seeing if they recognised systems when they take damage. For example an AI aircraft will slow down as it gets damage to systems that affect speed. So far though, I've tried defining a large box as an engine system (large easy to hit box with low damage points) on a barge, and it doesn't seem to affect the speed at all as the "engine" gets destroyed. So far, I think the only CFS2 systems that seem to be recognised (and lose performance as they receive damage) on ships/vehicles/infrastructure are the guns.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RWILLS View Post
    I wasn't really thinking of making the ships driveable for the player, more interested in seeing if they recognised systems when they take damage. For example an AI aircraft will slow down as it gets damage to systems that affect speed. So far though, I've tried defining a large box as an engine system (large easy to hit box with low damage points) on a barge, and it doesn't seem to affect the speed at all as the "engine" gets destroyed. So far, I think the only CFS2 systems that seem to be recognised (and lose performance as they receive damage) on ships/vehicles/infrastructure are the guns.
    I see. Yeah aircraft and ships are different. In the aircraft your dp file works in conjunction with the air file system as it’s not a standalone file that tells everything. Nothing really to make a ship slow down other then sinking it. It’s really not controlled by the AI either other than the guns as none will advance or retreat change course but rather follow a pre designed course given it by the mission otherwise it’s just a bunch of anti aircraft gunners shooting from a fixed position on a tiny island just big enough to get on.

Members who have read this thread: 0