Asobo partnering with iniBuilds for AN-225 Mriya

Thread: Asobo partnering with iniBuilds for AN-225 Mriya

Lightbulb Asobo partnering with iniBuilds for AN-225 Mriya

Announced today on the Flight Simulator Dev Q&A by Microsoft and Dmytro Antonov.

welcome news indeed!

though I'll admit I've been flying the Tom Rathge AN-225 with the ported 747 cockpit, I am interested to see the MSFS version with a proper cockpit and full details!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Does the sim actually support more than 4 engines?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The Hughes Hercules seems to cheat and pair up its eight engines; would be awesome if SU12 brought 8-engine support, because I'm gonna need 10-engine mixed support for that B-36 someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Does the sim actually support more than 4 engines?
    I think someone said in the livestream that MSFS will support up to 16 engines as of SU12, but there may be performance issues with the sim trying to do CFD calculations for 16 propellers.

FSElite put up an article with some nice screencaps from the stream, in case anyone else missed it, like I did
    And now I'm even more excited, I suppose this will sate me until the C-5 comes out
    EDIT: Also I'm pleased to note that the entire cost of the aircraft (20 bucks US) is going to Antonov to restore the real 225.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

On that same site there is also an article that indeed confirms that su12 will support 16 engines .
    https://fselite.net/content/world-up...eloper-stream/

I'll probably purchase this one just to support Antonov. Whether I ever fly it or not will remain to be seen.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

This one is going to be a ton of fun for me when they get six-engine support, since I have enough Saitek/Logitech Pro Flight Throttles to use. Pushing six levers around for throttle control will be interesting.

An225

The feature on the AN-225 during the Developer Livestream this week is well worth watching if you haven't already. It includes and interview with the Antonov folk

wow I was convinced that the AN2 Anuska would come before this, anyway...... we'll keep waiting

Here is the full developer stream on YouTube, the AN-225 announcement is at the 55 minute mark.

Members who have read this thread: 0