Just Spotted This, Cowan Sims Have Just Released The MD500E.

Thread: Just Spotted This, Cowan Sims Have Just Released The MD500E.

Just Spotted This, Cowan Sims Have Just Released The MD500E.

Hadn't been aware of this but Cowan Simulations have just released the MD500E for MSFS at $32.99

https://cowansim.com/product/500e-for-msfs/

Video: https://youtu.be/S8SzpUleGxc

Definitely one of my favourite choppers!

Keith.
    Last edited by SpaceHippy1975; January 30th, 2023 at 07:44.

Deal breaker for me-
    "Due to limitations of the sim right now, you will have to use a mouse or VR controller for the throttle."

Which is BS, Flyinside uses my X-52 throttle, so do the HPG whirly birds. Not to mention the Asobo choppers...

I'm sure that just means setting the engine to off/idle/flight, and not the collective, though maybe slightly immersion breaking if you have to reach your other hand to turn the throttle to idle after flying. Me personally, coming from flying choppers in DCS and having to hold PgUp to bring the throttle on the collective to flight idle doesn't make this kind of activity a deal breaker.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Deal breaker for me-
    "Due to limitations of the sim right now, you will have to use a mouse or VR controller for the throttle."

Which is BS, Flyinside uses my X-52 throttle, so do the HPG whirly birds. Not to mention the Asobo choppers...
    Yes, and there probably is maybe only one or three VR headsets whose controllers work with the sim/aircraft combo.

On WIN 11, MSFS would not even light up if I plugged in my Saitek Cyborg stick.
    This is Betamax and VHS all over again, and surprising and highly unacceptable in 2023.
    We got Plug 'n Play many editions ago.

Nice model but since MS/Asobo added in their helicopters, the flight dynamics are totally unstable for many users and I can't get a handle on why. My previously stable HPG H145 is totally unflyable now as is my new Cowan MD500E. The prime issue being input oscillations. I have real world rotor time in an R22 and R44, while choppers are inherently instable, they are not this unstable by a longshot. I'm not buying any more choppers for FS2020 until I see they have a way to ensure better stability. DCS is far better when it comes to rotors anyway

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Deal breaker for me-

And so does the Cowan Sim Bell 206. Downloading the MD 500 E as I type.

Members who have read this thread: 0