Freeware Ilyushin IL-103 released

Thread: Freeware Ilyushin IL-103 released

Freeware Ilyushin IL-103 released

I could have sworn I saw this mentioned here when the author was still gauging interest on release, but couldn't find the topic in my topic list.

At any rate, the freeware IL-103 Russian GA plane is now available on Flightsim.to: https://flightsim.to/file/48873/ilyushin-il-103

Flies well, the visual modeling is superb. Definitely interesting contrast to the more common western GA planes -- metric instruments, etc.

Russian's were not very high on my Christmas list this year.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Yeah, totally get that. But it's a piece of hardware, not a Putin simulator.

Folks around here like to fly WW2 German planes, and those guys killed my great uncle and bombed my grandmother. Planes ≠ politics.

100% acknowledging the Russian gov't is murdering innocents in Ukraine, sending their own soldiers to pointless deaths, and risking escalating WW3. But a 1994 GA plane isn't connected to that other than geographical origin.

The author of this model did a fine job, it is a keeper!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've consistently been gobsmacked by the outstanding quality of many of the freeware models released for MSFS. This new model is outstanding.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Hmmm, wonder if this thread will be nuked too. Yes it is a great model, the author did a wonderful job, both inside and out. Love the somewhat ratty look, will be great fun to putter around Eastern Europe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    Hmmm, wonder if this thread will be nuked too.
    Not as long as it doesn't go political like the last one did.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

A couple of repaints have appeared on flightsim.to, including a much-less-beat-up flying club repaint by TiAir.

Hoping someone does one of the military paints -- the South Korean T-103 looks really clean, and Peru flies them too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	il-103-1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	450.7 KB 
ID:	89670

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peru-il103-1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	89671

Thanks, some screenshots of VP-CWZ Flying Club. Sergey did a great job.

VP-CWZ2 by TiAr, auf Flickr

VP-CWZ9a by TiAr, auf Flickr

VP-CWZ by TiAr, auf Flickr

Thomas

Beautiful paint, Thomas! Sergey's original is really impressive in how beat up the interior is, but if I'm gonna trust a plane with my life, I'd rather it be a little bit maintained.

Looks nearly as good as Payware like Wing42´s Boeing 247D q:i

The flying club livery looks great! Glad to see a cleaned up cockpit in this one. Someone posted some tweaks to the model (post 24) in the MSFS forums thread, for those interested: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...d-on/572010/25

Looking forward to seeing how this aircraft develops further from this author, and looking forward to seeing same author's Ilyushin Il-114 (which is basically like a Saab 2000 or BAE ATP) come to fruition.

In the meantime, if anyone knows if there is a config edit that can be done to enable a visual copilot, please share. Currently even with weight applied to both seats, only the pilot position is filled.

Members who have read this thread: 1