WBSim/JPLogistics C152 version 2 released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WBSim/JPLogistics C152 version 2 released

WBSim/JPLogistics C152 version 2 released

Just a heads-up about this astounding freeware release on flightsim.to; the new KAP140 is an absolute masterpiece:

Changelog
    ## V2.0.0 - WBSim Initial Release
    - All previous model and texture issues are now resolved (THANK YOU Wombii)
    - Functioning External eye candy! (THANK YOU Wombii)
    - Engine cowling cover
    - Pitot tube cover
    - Wheel chocks (missing from tail dragger for now)
    - Engine related realism and failures added including
    - general engine wear
    - oil usage
    - overheating
    - plug fouling
    - correct pitot icing, both port and drain hole
    - static port blockage
    - Various selectable instruments
    - Custom KAP140
    - Custom KR87 ADF

- PMS 750 option *
    - "old" ADF *
    - "old" transponder *
    - "newer" Garmin transponder
    - KN64 DME (kinda - WIP) *

- EGT gauge
    - Flight model from base 152
    - Engine tweaks to align speeds and fuel with POH values
    - Corrected OAT gauge
    - Independent TACH and HOBBS times
    - Working breakers that may trip from time to time
    - Electrical overhaul (WIP, more to come)

* usage of the 750 will force a few options due to equipment and space issues...
    - NO transponder choice, it's built in
    - NO DME
    - NO ADF choice, KR87 ONLY
    - It is how it is...

Thanks for the heads up.

Awesome update, been enjoying this mod alot! My first plane ride was in a 150, way back in the late 70's!

I could try it quickly on ground yesterday, it seems really excellent.
    Funny thing: I started in a small airport in Norway, and the engine wouldn't start at all. Too cold
    Next flight in warmer area: successful engine start
    Probably the best little GA in my hangar so far.

Hah. Yeah, I couldn't get the engine started at all. And after a couple of attempts, the engine started smoking.

CTD at every flight

great if it work,but get ctd after few minutes,even if it is the only addon in community folder,so i can not use it.

and a few other post the same,so if someone get ctd,check first
    do they have a discord channel?

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    great if it work,but get ctd after few minutes,even if it is the only addon in community folder,so i can not use it.

and a few other post the same,so if someone get ctd,check first
    do they have a discord channel?
    3 hour flight yesterday without incident. Nice C152 version.
    There is a mod if you like the TDS GPS

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...-is-available/

T43

PMS have released v1.0.2 of their In-Cockpit WTT mode GTN750 for the WB/JPL C152: https://pms50.com/msfs/aircrafts/ (scroll right down to the bottom the page)

I know the tablet should be between the 2 seats but it seems to be missing for me .

Yes, the tablet click spot is... elusive, and doesn't always work first time when you DO find it - but if you keep trying, it will work eventually.

One other tip: If you activate the Pilot and Co-Pilot in the tablet, you'll find yourself inside the head of the pilot. The fix is to move your eyepoint forward in the cameras.cfg file.
    Open the cameras.cfg file (in EACH of the C152 variants) with Notepad and change the eyepoint -

eyepoint = -4.52, -0.884, 1.4

To:
    eyepoint = -4.25, -0.884, 1.4

I tried the tail dragger version - also could not get the engine to start without finally resorting to Ctrl-E and while I could raise and
    lower the tablet I could not get it to light up - it was 'cold and dark' LOL
    I have not tried the other versions of the JP 152 yet so...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Yes, the tablet click spot is... elusive, and doesn't always work first time when you DO find it - but if you keep trying, it will work eventually.
    No no , it just isn't there .

snap02007 by Danny Best, on Flickr

Make sure you don't have an older version still installed. That was the issue I had until I quickly searched my Community folder and noticed that the old version was still present, since it has a different folder name.

Hi John ,
    Thats what i thought since i got this as an update on flightsim.to.
    But i never could find the old version . Not in my comm folder , nor in game . I figured that i removed it but now i am doubting that. It is obvious to me that something is conflicting . Do you know what the name of the old folder is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    No no , it just isn't there .

snap02007 by Danny Best, on Flickr
    I'm going to say something very stupid, but you guys are probably used to that now => are you sure you have selected the "modded" C152, and not just the original one ? The title in the aircraft selection screen should mention "...JPLogisitics"

Haha , yeah ..that would be something. But no , it is the modded one . The problem is that i cant remove the cowling and pitot covers without the tablet . The pic is from the taildragger one .

If you can use the "translate view right" command to move yourself onto the co-pilot's seat, you can pan your view down to the right side of the pilot's seat where the tablet is tucked into a pocket and the click spot is easier to get at.

Appears John was right.
    There was a link to an old version inside my com folder.
    After removing that , the tablet came back but for some reason i cant click anything on it .
    snap02008 by Danny Best, on Flickr
    snap02010 by Danny Best, on Flickr

I think i will try this tomorrow again without any other mods loaded because its clear something still is bothering this .

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Appears John was right.
    There was a link to an old version inside my com folder.
    After removing that , the tablet came back but for some reason i cant click anything on it .
    snap02008 by Danny Best, on Flickr
    snap02010 by Danny Best, on Flickr

I think i will try this tomorrow again without any other mods loaded because its clear something still is bothering this .

I open up with the engine running & the tablet is also open. Put some settings through it then closed the Tablet. Can't get Tablet to open again.

Had 4 flights the other day, no problems with aircraft.
    Added the TDS 750 GXI integration from ryanbatc yesterday & flew 2 flights without issue.
    This morning had 3 consecutive CTD shortly after departures in the fairing equipped C152.
    Anyone else getting CTD's with the 152's?
    T43

I'm using the PMS GTN750 and haven't a CTD (yet). Maybe it's a livery issue? The notes on the flightsim.to download page include this one:

"- Also remove any third party liveries...sorry, but there are changes that may or may not impact these."

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    I open up with the engine running & the tablet is also open. Put some settings through it then closed the Tablet. Can't get Tablet to open again.

Added the TDS 750 GXI integration from ryanbatc yesterday & flew 2 flights without issue.
    This morning had 3 consecutive CTD shortly after departures in the fairing equipped C152.
    T43
    To bring the tablet up again, it's just a matter of finding the correct area to click. It's quite close to the upper edge of the tablet, actually.
    No CTDs so far, but I don't have any conflicting mods.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    I'm using the PMS GTN750 and haven't a CTD (yet). Maybe it's a livery issue? The notes on the flightsim.to download page include this one:

"- Also remove any third party liveries...sorry, but there are changes that may or may not impact these."

Could be some old/new JPL C152 conflicts as I found I had installed it in December, then again with the update, & may not have cleared all of the December material out, or old liveries.
    Gets messy with update remnants.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post

T43
    getting CTD's with the 152 to,post her but and at fs.to....no replay,delite it then

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    getting CTD's with the 152 to,post her but and at fs.to....no replay,delite it then
    Currently parked in the Hold Aside Hangar.
    T43

Solved the problem i had with not being able to click anything on the tablet .
    It was some mod made for the 787. After deleting that , all seems good again.
    snap02011 by Danny Best, on Flickr

Members who have read this thread: 4