Spitfire IX and P-40F updates now out

Thread: Spitfire IX and P-40F updates now out

Spitfire IX and P-40F updates now out

JSUK - Inibuilds and Flying Irons have released updates for their P-40F and Spitfire respectively overnight

SOH-CM-2023
    Not a fan of the new external whistling sounds of the spit. Prefer to hear the engines.

Yes i´m with you 100%, very annoying sound ( external ) ! What did they think of ?
    Last edited by Brytskiva; January 27th, 2023 at 12:49.

It would have been nice if they had fixed the wayyyy too long oleos on the P-40, but I'll probably skip the Spit update.

Will keep my old version until they get rid of the external wind whistle.

Make sure y'all send feedback directly to Flying Iron if the wind sound is bothersome!

The changelog has a lot of interesting things in it. One YouTuber is now calling the plane a "masterpiece". It would be a shame if one stupid sound negated all that work. I imagine the community will fix it with a mod if FI doesn't. Could it be as simple as backing up the sound folder before you update, then copying that back after updating?

August

I replaced the sound folder with a previous version. I'm sure it's missing some bits, but it sounds much better!

I continue to be as impressed as ever by the flight model with this addon, and with this update it only gets better (my favorite of every warbird done for MSFS thus-far). I find it difficult to distinguish between it and the highly praised DCS Spitfire Mk.IX flight model. With this update, I really like the added atmospheric sounds from the cockpit - although much of which you'd never hear once the engine is running, it certainly adds to the immersion. I also really like all of the work that has been done with regard to the immersion of starting the engine, with all of the various sounds, effects and animations. Other than the wind effect sounds covering the sound of the engine in external view, I also wish they hadn't concerned themselves with adding bent props, since the Mk.IX Spitfire, both past and present, uses wood props, not metal (wood props don't bend, they simply break, splinter and disintegrate). The time it took to model those and implement that feature, I would have rather preferred to see them spend that time adding the short rudder as an option/additional model since so many paint schemes/repaints could really use it!

Quoting
    "Yes im with you 100%, very annoying sound ( external ) ! What did they think of ?
    "

Yes, terrible sound.....will discard this version.

Hi
    Wrote Fying Iron and got a prompt answer from Mr Alex Kassabian. Sound will be fixed soon. This is a very good customer service. Thanks Alex.

"It will be fixed soon in a hotfix,

Kind Regards,

Alex Kassabian
    Co-Founder & Lead Artist "

Flying Iron is a top notch company with excellent support, I also found the wind noise annoying. The free castering tail wheel is taking some getting used to. This has been a superb aircraft and will purchase any planes they create.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I continue to be as impressed as ever by the flight model with this addon, and with this update it only gets better (my favorite of every warbird done for MSFS thus-far). I find it difficult to distinguish between it and the highly praised DCS Spitfire Mk.IX flight model. With this update, I really like the added atmospheric sounds from the cockpit - although much of which you'd never hear once the engine is running, it certainly adds to the immersion. I also really like all of the work that has been done with regard to the immersion of starting the engine, with all of the various sounds, effects and animations. Other than the wind effect sounds covering the sound of the engine in external view, I also wish they hadn't concerned themselves with adding bent props, since the Mk.IX Spitfire, both past and present, uses wood props, not metal (wood props don't bend, they simply break, splinter and disintegrate). The time it took to model those and implement that feature, I would have rather preferred to see them spend that time adding the short rudder as an option/additional model since so many paint schemes/repaints could really use it!
    Hello John,
    I totally agree with your statement!!!
    Especially regarding the short rudder variant request...
    I asked them about that the day the Spit was available (already 2 years ago!!!) but can't find/remember their answer...
    As you are a recognized talented repainter, i'm pretty sure that if you ask them directly to create this short rudder variant they will accept!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I replaced the sound folder with a previous version. I'm sure it's missing some bits, but it sounds much better!
    I used the 1.2.1 sound and aisound files. It corrected the howling wind sound. The 1.3.0 sound file size is 38,857 Kb compared to the 1.2.1 size of 21,379 KB. So much is gained in 1.3.0 that I've not yet appreciated. Also received a note from flyingiron that a fix is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Another vote for the short rudder here, we could then have a correct MH434 - the most famous postwar airshow Spitfire, and MK392 the Johnnie Johnson high scorer, although that was a IXe. On another note I wish pilots could be shown with goggles up, much more authentic. But I still feel thoroughly spoilt with what I have. Thanks FI.

Thanks for sharing the update on the whistling hotfix.

I know we are a tough bunch to satisfy completely but we really are spoilt with this product and indeed this company.

Anyway, as I was saying " a Griffon Spit would be wonderful......."

A hotfix for the Spitfire Mk IXc is now available (V1.3.1)

- External wind sound reduced
    - Booster pump volume increased
    - Added Marshaller
    - New prop drag/disc braking logic
    - Improved elevator and rudder trim response for keybinds, mouse drag & mouse wheel
    - Increased torque & tuned aileron trim effectiveness to match
    - Removed canopy G-force slide
    - Fixed tablet workshop wear and tear timing
    - Fixed bug where GPS & Autopilot drew power when invisible/unused
    - Fixed startup fire when magnetos are off
    - Fixed ground effect inbalance issue

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    Another vote for the short rudder here, we could then have a correct MH434 - the most famous postwar airshow Spitfire, and MK392 the Johnnie Johnson high scorer, although that was a IXe. On another note I wish pilots could be shown with goggles up, much more authentic. But I still feel thoroughly spoilt with what I have. Thanks FI.
    Hello shotgunshack,
    I've sent an email to Flyingiron about the short rudder implementation but I think they we'll need numerous requests like this to implement it.
    Fortunately they reacted very rapidly regarding the exterior sounds which is a great action from them!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Members who have read this thread: 2