Just Flight's FA Traffic

Thread: Just Flight's FA Traffic

Blog Entries

Just Flight's FA Traffic

I received an email today. Just Flight' FS Traffic has been released. Looks interesting except for one (well two) discrepancy. No GA traffic, only airline. According to exacting and extensive Google research of about 30 seconds, I found out that 90% of the registered aircraft are GA. About 53.6% of daily flights are GA. So, why no GA aircraft?
    P.S. No military aircraft either, but I expected that.

Just Flight - FS Traffic
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I found out that 90% of the registered aircraft are GA. About 53.6% of daily flights are GA. So, why no GA aircraft?
    Agreed !

We are a bunch of ol' farts, right ? (Ok, i speak for myself). Teens, twennies, young adults have no feeling for G.A. Just doesn't appeal to them. They want Big, Bigger, Biggest with all the fancy liveries included. G.A. is for mature simmers, like 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's you know. Obviously this package is made by, subsequently for, the young department of flightsimmers. What do you say ?...

I do think there's a good chance one or two devs from the more mature stature will step in to fill the gap. Maybe throw in some warbirds for fun next to all the Beechcrafts, Cessnas, Cirruses, Diamonds, Pipers, etc.

In short, i believe it's a 'Young Thing' that there's no GA in this package. ( could also be just good thinking. seperate Airliner package, seperate GA package... ? ;-)

Got the JF email too. But i don't fly airliners that much, not to say at all. Yes, sure the DC-3 and DC-6 (and if there ever will be a L-749 Connie that too !) but they have nothing to do in between all these Boings and Busses. Dunno yet, maybe i'll buy that Airliner AI Traffic pack anyway. It must look awesome in VR ! ;-) Definately waiting for a GA Traffic add-on !

I run a version of the standard traffic BGL that removes the airliners, so I still get regular MSFS GA traffic. That works with all of the packages: FSLTL (easiest), AIG (most variety of planes), and Just Flight (best performance).

I don't remember where I got the airliner-less traffic BGL file, but I don't see it on Flightsim.to or here. If anyone wants it, I'll host it for a little while on my Google drive...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EL3...ew?usp=sharing

Just drop the unzipped ga-ai-traffic folder into your Community folder and make sure to rename/disable the standard aircraft traffic BGL.

But, ummmmm..., isn't it like this whole MSFS AI aircraft traffic is broken already for quite a while ???.....

I used to have traffic in MSFS, airliners and GA as well. Haven't seen one single aircraft taxi, take-off or land for i can't remember how long..... Airport vehicle traffic does work..

Is it me ??...

Nah , Jan.
    I have the same.
    Aircraft at gates just appear and dissappear.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I run a version of the standard traffic BGL that removes the airliners, so I still get regular MSFS GA traffic. That works with all of the packages: FSLTL (easiest), AIG (most variety of planes), and Just Flight (best performance).

I don't remember where I got the airliner-less traffic BGL file, but I don't see it on Flightsim.to or here. If anyone wants it, I'll host it for a little while on my Google drive...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EL3...ew?usp=sharing

Just drop the unzipped ga-ai-traffic folder into your Community folder and make sure to rename/disable the standard aircraft traffic BGL.
    IIRC, it only works with Offline Traffic as this is the only option that falls back to a BGL.

Members who have read this thread: 0