Scenery overlay for building airports

Thread: Scenery overlay for building airports

Scenery overlay for building airports

When building an airport with ADE, I am curious as to what is the best program/method of grabbing an overhead (satellite) image of the airport so as to add to ADE.
    When adding the image to ADE it will ask for coordinates (Longitude/Latitude) posits.

I would think that Google earth would be used but then I am not sure of what size image to grab and what coordinates to use.
    Last edited by gray eagle; January 24th, 2023 at 13:50.

SBuilderX For Scenery BMPs

Falcon409 taught me how to use SBuilderX to capture the satellite view you need and then to create photoreal background bgls in different seasons. It is NOT easy and a lot of trial and error to get to the noobie stage I am in right now. Tell me what airport you want with lat long and I will make you a background bmp to use with the lat long coordinates created in SBuilderX that work and explain how to put it in ADE where it belongs. Then once you have a working one, you can learn from it. I had a devil of a time to get SbuilderX onto my Windows 10 machine. Windows 7 and FSX was SO much nicer to work with.

Members who have read this thread: 0