F9F-8 Cougar - slow walking

Thread: F9F-8 Cougar - slow walking

F9F-8 Cougar - slow walking

I started using Rob Richardson's superb single and 2-seat Cougars and found that (in P3D4.5) at idle, parking brake on or off, the single seater slowly rotates at about where the right MLG contacts the ground. Looking over the aircraft.cfg file I see nothing out of sorts. I am not in SLEW mode but it sure seems like it - otherwise the performance etc. is normal.

The 2- seater works just fine.

Any ideas??????

Any MOI settings differences between the 2 aircraft in the aircraft.cfg section?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Any MOI settings differences between the 2 aircraft in the aircraft.cfg section?
    Exactly the same;

;Moments of Inertia (2 seater and single seater)
    empty_weight_pitch_MOI =55350
    empty_weight_roll_MOI =11060
    empty_weight_yaw_MOI =14530
    empty_weight_coupled_MOI =00000

I understand what MOI means but I don't understand why any entry would effect it on the ground, static??

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Exactly the same;

;Moments of Inertia (2 seater and single seater)
    empty_weight_pitch_MOI =55350
    empty_weight_roll_MOI =11060
    empty_weight_yaw_MOI =14530
    empty_weight_coupled_MOI =00000

I understand what MOI means but I don't understand why any entry would effect it on the ground, static??
    MOI is kinda weird sometimes. I have had aircraft that would bounce around and do backflips when sitting there at idle power. I wonder if a [contact_point] has a problem?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    MOI is kinda weird sometimes. I have had aircraft that would bounce around and do backflips when sitting there at idle power. I wonder if a [contact_point] has a problem?
    could be, also maybe cg but I doubt it.

I just tested in FSX SE and it does the same so it's not a terrain or ground friction issue

Members who have read this thread: 3