Arana - Euroastar350 TriStar Texture Mapping Issue

Thread: Arana - Euroastar350 TriStar Texture Mapping Issue

Arana - Euroastar350 TriStar Texture Mapping Issue

George Arana kindly converted the HJG/Cantu L-1011-1 model to native FSX/P3Dv4 but I cannot get rid of anomalous texture mapping areas that look like shadows in the front fuselage section. I have tried different lighting settings but the problem persists. The postings on eg avsim, simavation and also George's post in the TDS Lounge on Facebook don't show these issues and searching around I haven't yet others discussing this. I have the payware CS and JF Tristars and want to merge their VC's with the Arana exterior model conversion as it works with a large number of repaints at the HJG.

FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TDS....8788706326622/

Link to aircraft:

Category: Flight Simulator X - Original Aircraft
    Lockheed L1011-1 Tristar

File Description:
    Originally designed by Erick Cantu under the Vistaliners label, now available as an FSX native model. Features 1 model, specular mapping, bump mapping, virtual cockpit by Daniel Svensrud (FSX only). Includes separate installation for FS2004.
    Filename: ecersl1011fsx.zip
    License: Freeware, limited distribution
    Added: 13th February 2019, 16:59:48
    Downloads: 1022
    Author: George Arana, Erick Cantu, Daniel Svensrud
    Size: 30520kb

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I downloaded the airplane and found this TWA livery at HJG as you mentioned. No anomaly visible here. Is it possibly something with the livery itself and not the model? Tristar by Ed Wells, on Flickr
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Ed, many thanks for taking the time to respond and do this test.

I just downloaded that texture from HJG and still have the weird mapping issue.

This is P3Dv4.5 and I wonder if it's a shader thing. Had that once with Milton's Howard 350 model.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hmm. Deleted and refreshed shaders, not resolved. Converted to a P3Dv4 model in MCX, not fixed.

Here is how the model looks in MCX. Really stumped - it's like something particular to my PC or sim settings, but what could it be?

Does the odd marking change in different sun directions...cos if so it might be calling a global spec shine that you don't have.
    Trying to recall the exact terminology...

Thanks Jafo. Yes it does! At dusk/dawn/night it almost - not quite - seems to disappear.
    Last edited by expat; January 17th, 2023 at 01:32.

Solved !!

Converting the model to P3Dv4 seems to have solved the issue entirely. Thanks for the help all.

Members who have read this thread: 0