FlightSim Debacle - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FlightSim Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Sorry I misled, I didn't try to d/l anything. I don't sim any more just keep a distant passing interest. MSFS killed my enthusiasm some time ago.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

New Flightsim

It's certainly different. However, after digging up my password, I browsed, searched for and found files I wanted and downloaded them. I'm not sure what the problem is.

You eventually aren´t use to check the content of a file before downloading it. In any case, that's no more possible. Not quite a real progress!

Bernard

If this new site becomes the standard... I will have a major fit.

Quote Originally Posted by lliaghll View Post
    It's certainly different. However, after digging up my password, I browsed, searched for and found files I wanted and downloaded them. I'm not sure what the problem is.
    My experience also. After spending maybe 10 minutes or so getting things straight with my password and email address (old log in had me inputting a username rather than an email) I was able to peruse the files, find what I wanted and download just fine.

It is indeed different but easily sorted and I expect (for my needs anyway) after a few days (I generally visit Flightsim.com at least once a day) it will become old hat.

I'm considering repackaging my repaints for the Alphasim B-52 and posting them here.

While this plane didn't get a lot of love as freeware, it IS remarkably accurate once you learn how to fly it.
    I think I uploaded something like eight or nine texture sets for the G and H models. The plane flies great in FS9 and can also be used as AI in both FS9 and FSX.

One texture set had an easter-egg "Oops" which I can now correct and I do want to clean up all of the textures a bit more.

I got something on the order of 2,000 downloads in total over at FS.com, so there was some interest.
    If you folks are interested, just let me know.

Oh- and welcome aboard, Mr. Zippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbob View Post
    Oh- and welcome aboard, Mr. Zippy.
    Welcome aboard what??
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Has anyone found an option to re-register somewhere? It is ages ago I registered at flightsim.com and the provider who's e-mail address I used to register, most likely doesn't even exist anymore.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Has anyone found an option to re-register somewhere? It is ages ago I registered at flightsim.com and the provider who's e-mail address I used to register, most likely doesn't even exist anymore.

Cheers,
    Huub
    There is a "Sign Up" box, top left just beneath the logo.

I'm kind of getting used to it but the thing I really miss is the way they linked to required files, patches etc. I went looking for a British Caledonian repaint earlier (FSX, sorry), found it but it needed the Thomas Ruth DC-10 which took me an age to find instead of the single click it would have had.
    Andy

I wanted to try a test download. Signed in using my current email, and my 1999 era password.

Dang.

It worked.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post

I'm kind of getting used to it but the thing I really miss is the way they linked to required files, patches etc. I went looking for a British Caledonian repaint earlier (FSX, sorry), found it but it needed the Thomas Ruth DC-10 which took me an age to find instead of the single click it would have had.

Yeah, a decent search function would be a big improvement. They also seem to have lost the utilities section(s) of their library. You can go to the FS2004 Aircraft or FS204 Scenery or several other sections, but there's no link to any utilities section.

Switched over to the 'new' Format and okay, I can deal with it. Haven't looked for any Downloads yet, though.

Sbob... please upload your BUFF stuff here!

Im in the process of tidying up my CFS2 install and needed Pactex, took some hunting down, much more tricky than before, but found them eventually, on the plus side, download speed seems a lot faster, so i guess it works for me

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Thanks I tried to make contact via "contact us" but no reply yet. (I guess I'm not the only one who tries to make contact)

Cheers,
    Huub

edit: Well I'm in with an e-mail address I tried before, but this time it worked.....

Members who have read this thread: 3