Benoit´s F-27 repaints anywhere?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benoit´s F-27 repaints anywhere?

Benoit´s F-27 repaints anywhere?

We have Air Inter and Air New England but is it all?

The New England one is nice but not enough hi-res to my taste. The 2 Air Inter are from the original developper (Benoit Gaurant), and they are great and period correct. But yes that's it, what a pity!

There's a white livery in the package. Let's hope some talented repainters give it a try!

Obviously, a KLM livery would be the next logical step... Doesn't seem too difficult... Maybe I'll try...

Last edited by vonstroheim; January 13th, 2023 at 18:12. Reason: klm

Unfortenately I am not a repainter but nevertheless I fly this machine a lot. Together with the old trustworthy HS 748 they are my favourite turboprops in FSX.

SOH-CM-2023
    Whomever did the ANE paint must not know the registration formatting for US aircraft. There is never another letter after the "N" except in some pre-WWII aircraft that are NC- or NX-. Kind of a pet peve of mine on repaints.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Oh my... This is going to take ages...

"Oh my... This is going to take ages..."

But I'll wait paitiently, no worries

hertzie.

Thanks for kind words... Slow progress nonetheless...

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    Thanks for kind words... Slow progress nonetheless...

Don't worry, we are patient people! And what you consider slow is perhaps not as slow as you think. Looking forward to your finished repaint.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thank you vonstroheim !
    I'm really interested about this paint
    The more you do, the less you dream

Struggling with tail...

Yeah, I looked at the dds.files and saw that the tail is their twice (?) probably to keep the paint in place when moving the rudder or so.
    But...you are making progress and she is looking better every time!

Right side tail almost ready!

To do: Left side & all markings... not there yet...

Good job! I think you are making fantastic progress☺

A Dutch expression translated in Canadian:
    "Cologne and Aachen were not built in 1 day either"

So take your time, have a break sometimes and you'll manage

hertzie.

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    "Cologne and Aachen were not built in 1 day either"
    That's a relief! Thanks! Indeed it's going to be hard to find the proper markings (can't find good enough hi-res pictures of PH-KFE or similar). Any idea what fonts are used here?

That's a relief! Thanks! Indeed it's going to be hard to find the proper markings (can't find good enough hi-res pictures of PH-KFE or similar). Any idea what fonts are used here?
    Looks very already very nice! I have been a passenger on the F-27 Troopships from our Royal Netherlands Air Force many times (Free trips to the UK!), but I never flew the with the civil version.....

The font for the registration is the official RLD font (RijksLuchtvaartDienst/Governmental Air Service). I think the official font used by the KLM is called Noa and they use mainly the bold version. I have never been able to locate a free version. But it is very close to (standard) Arial in bold, a bit modified in width or height. Although the purists might grind their teeth, it is definitely close enough for me.

The Fokker logo at the end from the fuselage is the standard "modern" Fokker logo.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Although the purists might grind their teeth, it is definitely close enough for me...
    Thanks Huub for feedback! Yes I'm getting a bit closer... I did find online a few resources (aviationmegastore.com sells a NLM Fokker decal for modellers). The decal preview is not big enough, but that will do... Wikipedia has the Fokker logo. Arial/bold/italic will do for the "F27" text below logo. Thanks for tip.

At the very minimum it's flyable!

Some glitches I can't or won't fix... I'm using an old Paint Shop Pro 8.1,and I'm not good with layers, so shadows and such are missing...

If you or any SOH visitor feels he can improve this NLM repaint, please do, you're very welcome! It will be a collaborative effort.
    Here's my zip file (includes a version with no markings): BGT-F27-500-NLM-beta.zip

Thanks van Stroheim. I will have (hopefully) have a look this weekend. You have done a nice job, thanks for that.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks a lot von Stroheim, she's looking very beautifull

Thanks

Thank you all, first of all for bringing this lovely model to my attention. I had completely missed the release last year. The model is an absolute gem! It looks nice, flies, nice and can be flown full reality and in easy mode.

And secondly, thank you van Stroheim for this lovely repaint. When you hadn't pointed out the anomalies I most likely would have missed them.

There only one minor remark I have, which like the earlier mentioned anomalies I normally would not have noticed. But as I had a every close look, I realised the real aircraft had the registration painted at the lower port wing.

Thanks again,
    Huub

An early pre-view. Still a lot work to do (And I will give the external power unit a more military colour....).

It is actually the wrong version. But the RNAF originally flew the F.27-100 and F.27-300 in the same colours as its predecessor the DC-3/C-47. The aircraft with registration C-1 was used as VIP flight. Starting in 1971 all aircraft were repainted in a standard NATO camouflage scheme. But in 1994 the aircraft C-1 and C-2 were again repainted in a semi civil scheme. Similar to the original scheme, but without the dayglow orange.

As I couldn't have van Stroheim doing all the hard work, I decided to do this reasonably simple scheme.

When I arrived at Soesterberg AB in 1978, the Met Office was located in the building right behind the aircraft. It was original the fighter group building. When a F.27 left or arrived, it was impossible to talk to each other inside. In 1980 the Met Office disappeared to bunker 500 and went underground.

The building on top of the hill was the canteen and gift shop. Under the hill was bunker 44. A bunker constructed by the Germans during WWII. Until 1980 it was still in use as back-up in case of thread.

The airfield is closed now. A funny thing: The German bunker 44 which was finished in 1942 is still there. Bunker 500 which was finished in 1980 is already gone.......

Cheers,
    Huub

Making progress

The Dutchmen here, will most probably recognise the "Loosdrechtse plassen" and the river the "Lek".

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    ...I realised the real aircraft had the registration painted at the lower port wing...
    Bedankt voor je advies! (Thanks for your advice!) But not quite ready yet for release... And bedankt for the new RNLAF repaints!

Scenery: NL2000 EHSB, of course...

Scenery: NL2000 EHSB, of course...
    Of course! I see you have the "post operational" version of NL2000 version installed. The former airfield has changed quite a bit in recent years. It has become a preserved nature area and also houses the National Military Museum. The main runway is still there, as are many buildings, including the shelters. The short runway has partly been removed, and this area is now used for soaring.
    For the construction of the museum some of the old hangars were demolished.

I have the "active" 1980 version installed as I was based a Soesterberg AB in this period. Although the scenery is not fully accurate, it contains enough details to bring back a lot of nice memories. It is good to feel 22 years old again

About the F.27 model, I noticed some "errors" in my repaint and I still want to tinker with the spec maps a bit. I have the feeling the generic spec maps make the model look a bit pale and a bit too glossy.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 6