Threedp and TOW I discussion

Thread: Threedp and TOW I discussion

Threedp and TOW I discussion

I had a quick compare of our shaders' ini files. Not a great deal of difference once I strip away all the extra things that I have. I work at it some more later and maybe try your method of installing shaders!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

For what it's worth, I compared the files in Ankor's 01/17/2018 shaders to the 12/04/2019 (latest) ones (after removing the readmes and other non-functionals):

4 folders
    100 files

7 folders
    72 files

Unique to 2018:

Effects\fxtextures\59 reticle files (reticle.mkii_bar.dds through reticle_ussr_mig.dds) and tr_condenstrail_basis1.dds & tr_condenstrail_basis2.dds
    Effects\weather\7 sun files (sun.dds through sun_main.dds)

Unique in 2019:
    d3d8.controls.txt
    d3d8.pointers
    shaders30\common.commands.ini
    shaders30\common.functions.ini
    shaders30\cursors\green\17 cursor files (CursorClick.cur through CursorScroll.cur)
    shaders30\cursors\white\17 cursor files (CursorClick.cur through CursorScroll.cur)
    shaders30\demo\spitfire_ixc.clickable.ini and SpitfireIXc-Demo-Starter.ahk

I'm a complete amateur at this sort of investigation, but as my 'trick' involves 2019 overwriting 2018, I'd suspect that the answer lies in interactions with files unique to the 2018 ones? There isn't even an effects\weather folder in the 2019 ones.

Interesting. If the only real differences between the 2 versions are in the .ini files, then one can just overwrite these and ignore the others. A lot of my additions to yours are props and other dds files that I have added. I'll show more of those later as have to go out!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Members who have read this thread: 0