N-3B_Dynamic_Reticle_for_P-38

Thread: N-3B_Dynamic_Reticle_for_P-38

N-3B_Dynamic_Reticle_for_P-38

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 3 Other Add-Ons - Bombsights, Maps, Radars, and Reticles

Description: This package includes a new dynamic reticle texture file for use with the stock P-38 and AnKor's Shader package.

Installation

*** Back Up Your Originals ***

1. Install the texture file reticle_aaf_n3b.dds in your cfs3\effects\fxtextures folder.

2. Add this text to your effects.xml file

<US_AAF_N3b_gunsight ClassName="Shockwave" PullOnGround="0" CountCycles="1" Pulse="0" InitialDelay="0" Duration="99999" FadeInTime="0" FadeOutTime="0" Pause="0" PosX="0" PosY="0" PosZ="0" InitialSize=".00007" FinalSize=".00007" Texture="reticle_aaf_n3b.dds" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>

3. Add this text to the [ReticleDynamic] section of the textureMagic.ini file in Shaders30 folder.

reticle_aaf_n3b.dds=0.7|0.5|0.3|Dimmer=Default

4. To activate, add this text to the effects section at the bottom of the xdp file for any of your P-38 installs based on the stock model.

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="US_AAF_N3b_gunsight" PosX="0.00" PosZ="1.0" PosY="0.930" Pitch="90.0" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>

If you do not use AnKor's Shaders (or skip step 4) the aircraft will simply revert to using the default static reticle.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit N-3B_Dynamic_Reticle_for_P-38
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Can this be used without AnKor's Shaders?

You can, but it won't do anything...

In other words, installing it without AnKor's shaders does no harm.

You do need AnKor's shaders if you want features like dynamic reticles, self-shadowing, altitude dependant effects, and active lighting to work.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    You can, but it won't do anything...

In other words, installing it without AnKor's shaders does no harm.

You do need AnKor's shaders if you want features like dynamic reticles, self-shadowing, altitude dependant effects, and active lighting to work.

I understand. Thank you.

As a matter of interest, why is Shaders a problem? Perhaps we can help?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    As a matter of interest, why is Shaders a problem? Perhaps we can help?
    Thanks Mongoose. It seems that with every new install on my computer (ETO/PTO/MAW, etc) I end up spending at least a week getting it to operate (almost) correctly. I still can't get spawns to work in ETO and MAW crashes to desktop anywhere north of Malta. I always endeavor to follow the upload instructions to the letter, but the CFS3 mods rarely load up as seamlessly as described.
    So I feel that I still have some problems to solve before I move on the next project, like loading up Ankors shaders.
    Last edited by swpierce; January 15th, 2023 at 08:53. Reason: grammar

Just WRT ETO, what spawns are not working; random, or spawns for specific missions?

Just WRT ETO, what spawns are not working; random, or spawns for specific missions?
    No spawns pop up. I don't care about the random, and I don't want them. But I would really like to have the specific mission spawns working.

As to MAW, everything seems to work fine in the desert areas. But up north it ALWAYS crashes to desktop. Interestingly not immediately, but sometime during the mission.

Did you see my PM?

Did you see my PM?
    Hello Mongoose. Just got back on and read it. Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I will try uploading a whole new ETO with all the mods I did on the one I have. But I do have a question that perhaps you can answer: what exactly is it that the spawn swapper tool is supposed to do? Maybe I can get in there and do the same thing manually?
    I have been doing that instead of using the era swapper (just changing the global layer and missions) and have no problem with the slight inconvenience. If I could just get the mission spawns popping up regularly, I would never have to change it at all.
    Again: thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0