No more FSX/P3D products available at Milviz - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more FSX/P3D products available at Milviz

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    If Beale is abandonware I can upload mine zipped to Library?
    no such thing as abandon-ware. Unless you have permission from the original developer, it’s called stealing. Any developer has the right to cease providing support or sales of and product. That does not mean that they have relinquished their intellectual rights for it. Ask permission or forget it.

I guess it is too early to do anything. These may end up freeware anyway. Milviz gave away their P-38 and Stuka for example. Sibwings promised to set their products as freeware if they went out of business but this they did not hold. Their best, Safir and An-2 continue to be sold under other companies. Aeroplane Heaven gave almost all their products as freeware (which actually matches well with their quality). Then it is the mighty PMDG which has behaved in a same way as now Milviz. They rather abandoned their high quality products like Jetstream and MD-11 and even forbid modding them by sim community. Both were pain to install into FSX Steam which was minor step from original FSX. It is only difficult to understand business policy that refuses to take our money.

Quote Originally Posted by TSquare View Post
    Another question: If I used this form, to negotiate a trade for an aircraft, I have for one I need, would this be illegal or inappropriate?

TSquare
    Consumer Law allows the trade or on-selling of a product...but by definition when you pass it on you cannot still have it. If however you sell/trade...if you actually retain the product/file on your computer...and a third party also ends up with it...you have copied and redistributed...and again..you won't have the actual 'right' to 'copy' ...hence the term 'Copyright'...

The Beale AFB developer is on this forum - Dimus is his name. Might be worth an ask since he may sell some more sceneries now if there was enough interest from SR-71 drivers!

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    The Beale AFB developer is on this forum - Dimus is his name. Might be worth an ask since he may sell some more sceneries now if there was enough interest from SR-71 drivers!
    I'm interested. Despite MS2020, Some of us still use P3D and some FSX.

C'mon FSX Habu drivers, forget Beale! Download the MAIW Kadena AB, Okinawa and fly some actual missions over No. Korea and beyond!
    And sorry, I have no knowledge whatsoever of this actually occurring at any time...
    Cheers

The Old MSgt

The Alphasim Beale scenery was made by Michael Dews, now of Team SDB Scenery, back when we all worked at Alphasim.
    We remade it a few years ago and still sell it in the Team SDB catalog. It is absolutely not abandonware nor in the public domain.
    You can purchase it from a couple venders still.

Milviz made mistake stopping the selling of FSX and P3D products just like PMDG made mistake stopping the selling of great MD-11 for FSX use. Both companies are missing opportunity to earn extra bucks.

Regards,

Aharon

I buyed MSFS earlier this year, and i have to say i was kind of dissapointed of this new MSFS.
    So much eye candy, but it is more like a game than actual simulator.
    I keep using my P3D.

Heard More Than Once

Quote Originally Posted by ToniJH View Post
    I buyed MSFS earlier this year, and i have to say i was kind of dissapointed of this new MSFS.
    So much eye candy, but it is more like a game than actual simulator.
    I keep using my P3D.
    MSFS designed to work on Xbox too a gaming console...P3D a REAL simulator for real life. There's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    MSFS designed to work on Xbox too a gaming console...P3D a REAL simulator for real life. There's the difference.
    Agree completely.

I have not bought MSFS - lack of aircraft of my liking so far.

I have flown FS programs since FS5, now using P3D4 with a top line desktop and love it. I see no need to leave it in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Agree completely.

I have not bought MSFS - lack of aircraft of my liking so far.

I have flown FS programs since FS5, now using P3D4 with a top line desktop and love it. I see no need to leave it in the foreseeable future.
    Great to hear. GAS has decided not to chase MSFS and in now using PBR textures in our models. We’ve pivoted to P3D v 5 and while continuing to support legacy FSXA our focus will be P3D. We will soon be releasing a little Flivver. The Buhl Bull Pup. We’ve posted some screens over in the P3D section.

Totally agree, there is just something that FSX/P3D has, and MSFS doesn't(Good addons). I have plenty of good addons in P3D(many addons from FS2002 era that modified to work in P3D) etc, and somehow it is more enjoyable.

Bingo!!!!!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Personally the lesson learned from that really abrupt P3D/FSX products withdrawal made by Milviz/Blackbird Simulations is that
    now I'm considering to buy in a short time most of the FSX/P3D products that I've always wanted to have in my virtual hangar.
    For sure my next platform will be P3D (I'm still very happy with Fsx and tons of addons ) so, if I buy those products for FSX (but in
    most of the time also P3D compatible) I will have them also for P3D.
    Irony of fate , to make an example, 2 or 3 days before Milviz did it, I bought their Pilatus PC6 ( a real gem ) and I was very lucky
    The more you do, the less you dream

Members who have read this thread: 1