No more FSX/P3D products available at Milviz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more FSX/P3D products available at Milviz

No more FSX/P3D products available at Milviz

Milviz has withdrawn from sales ALL FSX/P3D addons starting from january the 1st. 2023.
    They only sell/develop for MSFS 2020 and X-Plane.
    The more you do, the less you dream

Not surprised, MSFS is the shiny new toy and it is drawing in flight sim enthusiasts, especially since it can be played on X-box game consoles. If MSFS is ever fully developed, it likely will be the best flight sim platform, until then, I'm sticking with FSX and eyeing a purchase of P3D.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

They are not the only ones Sim Works Studios pulled their Phantoms a long time ago and the Nimitz class carriers appear to be gone as well... The only perplexing thing to me is why end all sales...? Either sell at a discount with no support offered to still generate some revenue; or do like India Foxtrot Echo and freeware release them... Bit of a bummer regardless...

Gee I had some luck, bought Beale AFB just before new year!

It Doesn't Cost Anything

So why not either sell at a big discount OR reward your followers with them free like Airplane Heaven did and make huge fans. All of us sooner or later will have to move to another sim and we would remember those who shared in the past. I'm with standds still flying FSX. I actually setup a "gift" of a Windows 10 Dell Desktop on New Years Day and tried to install and fly FSX on it with problems I just couldn't get around so I returned to my Windows 7 laptop setup until maybe later this year when I can get a video card for it some way (it only has the onboard Intel HD video) since it was not for games just regular computer. Not EVEN an internet connection but that was easy to do with a USB plugin my daughter gave me. If anyone has an old GEforce video card slim profile they have no use for any longer I will gladly pay the postage for it if you could see to share it. In the meantime its FSX for me as I have been doing the last 5 years. Ironically, a fellow flyer on the 91st BG I used to fly with gave me one when he upgraded five years back and I gave that to one of my students when I was teaching aviation part time at our Christian School when he built himself a computer for gaming. It wouldn't fit this desktop anyway so the good deed was not in vain. He is proudly serving in the Air Force now in Germany.

I agree with the post immediately above; why get rid of FSX products when they are there, on the shelf? I bought the Milviz F-86 recently based on a post here in this forum. I honestly had never seen that product before, even though I have owned FSX since the first day of its release, fifteen years ago. Conversely, I will probably not invest, all over again, in the MSFS platform, and the considerable hardware and software expense that it entails. If developers are betting that I am wrong, good luck to them. They won't have me as a customer.

Im a bit disappointed myself, ive been looking at Duckie's recent repaints of the F86, esp a Manston based 86, and contemplating purchasing same model. Im guessing its on sale somewhere but an odd decision nevertheless.

If You Search

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Im a bit disappointed myself, ive been looking at Duckie's recent repaints of the F86, esp a Manston based 86, and contemplating purchasing same model. Im guessing its on sale somewhere but an odd decision nevertheless.
    A search on Google shows it at PC Aviator but below it says OUT OF STOCK and no other links work at any other etailer so I am going to guess that Milviz made the etailers pull it. None I can find.

Yep, gone from ORBX also. I was getting interested in the F-86 too.
    Greenhouse357

Guys, I just looked and the F-86 as well as others are still available from Orbx Central. You have to have a Central account to see but they are there. The TacPacK F-86 is 24.35 USD and the non-TP is 18.94USD.

Steve

Well, I'm embarrassed. I double checked by trying to purchase the DH2 Beaver and sad to say you all are correct. Although They still appear in the purchase list an ERROR Item not found appears when you try and place one in the cart. Sorry for the False Alarm!

Steve
    Last edited by Duckie; January 5th, 2023 at 18:27.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Blackbird Sim

The still show that they were selling the Tacpack version on their website. Click the PURCHASE on the banner and for $24.95 I put it in my cart ready to checkout. I am not interested my self just wanted to see if it would work and it does at least the last 5 minutes ago.

Hmmmm. I must be doing something wrong. I just tried them all and got the same response...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-2023-jan-6-002.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	215.7 KB 
ID:	89441 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-2023-jan-6-003.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	89442
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

A shame - the F-4 Phantom is legendary to me and nothing comparable in the pipeline near future. DC does a solid work but in comparison, the upcoming F-4 looks minor detailed and sort of a bit "out of shape". Can't describe it better, sorry.
    Hopefully, Milviz will rework their aircraft shortly and release them again in MSFS next years.
    I for one, I am not in a hurry. My first MSFS interest will be in 2025 when MSFS hopefully will be stable and far from update orgies. Then many jets will be on my list, hopefully Milviz again...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    I bought the Milviz F-86 recently based on a post here in this forum.
    That makes at least two sales generated by Duckie
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    A search on Google shows it at PC Aviator but below it says OUT OF STOCK and no other links work at any other etailer so I am going to guess that Milviz made the etailers pull it. None I can find.
    I purchased my copy on ORBX

Ooops overlooked Greenhouse357's post.
    Ken

Not ORBX

The Blackbirdsim site not ORBX worked last night for $24.95USD. It went to the cart waiting for checkout. I am not interested in purchasing it but I did this for you guys and it DID work at least last night. Go there and see if you can still buy it while they have it Tacpack version left. The non-Tacpack IS gone. I believe that if you do not own Tacpack you can still fly it but without weapons. Of course there will be no support so "Let the buyer beware" applies it will be at your own risk if it doesn't work. I guess how bad do you want to take a chance, I feel.

I used to fly the Section8 version in FSX and it worked back then. If you want to try it FOR FREE here it is at AVSIM with two repaints and they have other ones there to download:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php...ads&ScanMode=0

You can never go wrong trying something for free.

Flyaway Simulation has it in two version download with 25 repaints included:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...an-f-86-sabre/

Now I understand that this is NOT going to work in P3D V4.5 or later or certainly not MSFS but for those above who are in FSX or earlier P3D versions here is a great alternative and save your money for some nice scenery or another payware from a creator who still supports us retro guys like GAS.

Thats a shame about their Beale Scenery seeing as I just launched my Blackbird for P3D......

Again to the rescue

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Thats a shame about their Beale Scenery seeing as I just launched my Blackbird for P3D......
    Alphasim did Beale AFB for fsx but I can only find the additions not the base scenery. Check out MAIW:

http://www.owlsnest.eu/maiw/maiw_beale_afb.htm

though it was created for FS9 I have found they work in FSX and they have a post about creating it to work perfectly in FSX/P3D up to V3.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Alphasim did Beale AFB for fsx but I can only find the additions not the base scenery. Check out MAIW:

http://www.owlsnest.eu/maiw/maiw_beale_afb.htm

though it was created for FS9 I have found they work in FSX and they have a post about creating it to work perfectly in FSX/P3D up to V3.
    Thanks, I managed to buy the Beale scenery from Milviz a year or so back, but just thinking its a shame that those who have bought my new SR who haven't bought the Beale scenery won't have a PBR Beale scenery to fly from.

I'm also looking for a P3D Mildenhall scenery, but other than Rob Young's great Mildenhall scenery for FS9 (or was it earlier) I've yet to find one.

Count me as one who wants the new SR-71/A-12 but missed getting the MilViz Beale. Darn. Also, I have a MAIW Mildenhall but it's been buggy in P3Dv4 with hangars that were once there no longer appearing.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Just out of curiosity... Has anyone (ideally someone who actually knows someone who works at and or has ownership in milviz) tried to reach out to them and ask about the possibility of getting the availability of these products resumed? Might be worth asking and or suggesting to them... Just an idea...

If Beale is abandonware I can upload mine zipped to Library?

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    If Beale is abandonware I can upload mine zipped to Library?
    No.
    Actual Copyright Law has no provision for the invented term 'abandonware'...a phrase invented to legitimize piracy...

Another question: If I used this form, to negotiate a trade for an aircraft, I have for one I need, would this be illegal or inappropriate?

TSquare

Payware or Freeware

If it's payware I am going to say probably not ok but if freeware just get the designers permission which is often most readily given.

Members who have read this thread: 1