VPA Rafales revisited - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VPA Rafales revisited

What a great looking aircraft. Thank you for all of the hard work that went into creating it. I look forward downloading and flying it in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Hi Andy,,

As I said in my original post; "a surprise I found in this package....". So this livery is one of the default textures included in this package and was definitely not done by me

Cheers,
    Huub
    Understood that Huub, was thanking you for the heads up. The CFT models would look rather lovely in UAE marking methinks.
    Andy

VPA Dassault Rafale M

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Jets

Description: Rafale M for Flight Simulator 2004 approved by Dassault Aviation. Developed by VPA -- Vincent Hellegouarch (3D Modeler), Philippe Devallez (Panel Designer), and Alexander Baffert (Flight Envelope).

The aircraft has been reproduced in 16 different configurations. Each version, as with the Rafale C and B, are configurations that can be implemented in time of war. All include animated launch bar. Two configurations in the tanker role include extending/retracting refueling drogue (basket).

There are strict limitations to distribution, modifications, and component usage that will be enforced by the VPA members and Dassault Aviation so you are advised to read the documentation carefully.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit VPA Dassault Rafale M
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Many thanks to all involved Frank, this is so appreciated.
    Andy

Still and always impressed by all new addons for FS2004, which is almost 20 years old. What a beauty! Congrats to that release
    Best regards, Manfred.

Wow, thank you for uploading the M version! Never had this one before. Thank you
    Alex

Brisbane, Australia

Vincent Hellegouarch, Philippe Devallez, Alexander Baffert and of course our own Frank, Thank you for making these models available. When I look at relative large the number of downloads the response here is a bit disappointing in my opinion. (At this moment 79 downloads, but only 2 "thank you-s"...)

But I can assure you that your efforts are highly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    What Huub said - +1 !

... and now +2!

Bravo Tango! Thank you for these excellent models. Long live fs2004.

Regards,

Slacker, one of the 79 buggars.

Quote Originally Posted by slackerbg View Post
    Slacker, one of the 79 buggars.
    Well there are 95 already by now. Which shows FS2004 is still very much alive.....

Cheers,
    Huub

I downloaded the M version yesterday since it was right here at SOH, haven't tried it out yet. Thanks a bunch to the VPA guys and Frank Safranek for making the Rafales available again. Sometimes we're quick to download planes to fly but slow to say thank you to the creators, and the websites that host their stuff.

SOH-CM-2023

Alternative model files for C model

The repaint packs available from Franks Mirage4FS site entail alternative model files for the Rafale C.
    Are these updates or should the original files kept?

SOH-CM-2023

Sound files Rafale M

There are sound files in the sound directory of the M version, but the sound.cfg points as alias to the common directory Rafale B_C_M_sound.
    Are the all necessary/essential?

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by nschley View Post
    The repaint packs available from Franks Mirage4FS site entail alternative model files for the Rafale C.
    Are these updates or should the original files kept?
    Sorry, just read that this are modified file ... as Germans say: The one who can read is in advantage

Working away again; haven't had a chance to unzip yet

Ttfn

Pete

Another great series of models to make the Rafale family complete! However I have some issues with the pop-up screens and gauges with this version. I have to have a better look to see where it goes wrong. ( I think the panel config file must point to some wrong locations....)

Cheers,
    Huub

Another great series of models to make the Rafale family complete! However I have some issues with the pop-up screens and gauges with this version. I have to have a better look to see where it goes wrong. ( I think the panel config file must point to some wrong locations....)

Cheers,
    Huub
    Something odd going on with those textures too, or is that odd marking at the base of the fin meant to be there? A quick squint in MCX shows it is only on the post side.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Something odd going on with those textures too, or is that odd marking at the base of the fin meant to be there? A quick squint in MCX shows it is only on the post side.
    You mean the silver area right above "MARINE"? That's the APU exhaust. Common on all Rafale but sometimes the silver area is larger or smaller in area.
    If something else, please be more descriptive.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    You mean the silver area right above "MARINE"? That's the APU exhaust. Common on all Rafale but sometimes the silver area is larger or smaller in area.
    If something else, please be more descriptive.
    No, that is the one Huub. Not had chance to fly them as yet, so hadn't really looked at them properly. Thanks for the explanation.
    Andy

No, that is the one Huub. Not had chance to fly them as yet, so hadn't really looked at them properly. Thanks for the explanation.
    Andy

Me is Huub, fsafranek is Frank

(It was Frank who answered your question, not me)

Cheers,
    Huub

Andy

Me is Huub, fsafranek is Frank

(It was Frank who answered your question, not me)

Cheers,
    Huub
    Not having a great week. Sorry Huub. And sorry Frank.
    Andy

Not having a great week. Sorry Huub. And sorry Frank.
    Hahaha, I know the feeling . I have written messages this week, I had to read twice before I even understood what I had been trying to say. It must be the sudden hot weather.

However I have some issues with the pop-up screens and gauges with this version. I have to have a better look to see where it goes wrong. ( I think the panel config file must point to some wrong locations....)
    I have found what the problem is! The panel configuration file point to a .cab file named RafaleW14.CAB. However the included .cab file is named RafaleW14B.CAB , like for all other Rafale versions. As disk space is not a real problem for me I copied the RafaleW14B.CAB file and renamed it RafaleW14.CAB. I thought it was much easier than replacing all the entries in the different panel.cfg files of 16 different models.

Cheers,
    Huub

I have found what the problem is! The panel configuration file point to a .cab file named RafaleW14.CAB. However the included .cab file is named RafaleW14B.CAB , like for all other Rafale versions. As disk space is not a real problem for me I copied the RafaleW14B.CAB file and renamed it RafaleW14.CAB. I thought it was much easier than replacing all the entries in the different panel.cfg files of 16 different models.
    Sorry I missed that. I have all three versions installed so whatever files were called out they were there. My bad.

Smile

A big thank you to:

Vincent Hellegouarch, Philippe Devallez, Alexander Baffert .... and Frank Safranek. Your time and efforts are massively appreciated 😊

Members who have read this thread: 45