Unsung Hero, Hurricane display at Duxford

Thread: Unsung Hero, Hurricane display at Duxford

Unsung Hero, Hurricane display at Duxford

Ive a new camera phone to test and a bit of spare time, so i took myself to Duxford today to check out their collection of Hurricane's in a special exhibition over the winter, a fine collection though the lighting could be better, and with a Spit mk2 for comparison, i dont need much of an excuse to visit Dux, happy new year
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230102_104301.jpg   20230102_103939.jpg   20230102_102901.jpg   20230102_104125.jpg   20230102_134701.jpg   20230102_133050.jpg  

Are all five of these flyers? I like the Fury in the background too as well as the Victor K.1. (And I think a Nimrod with the yellow tail? I see the bulge and oil cooler hanging down under the cowl.)

The Spitfire gets the glory and accolades, but there were not that many Spitfires available during the critical time of the Battle of Britain. The predominant fighter over British skies, defending against the Nazi's during the Battle of Britain, was the Hawker Hurricane.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Josh, all of them are flyers, details here. I really wanted to get to this exhibition, but I had no way of getting there, so more than a little jealous of Ian. And, yes, that is a Nimrod II at the back, belonging to the Historic Aircraft Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    The Spitfire gets the glory and accolades, but there were not that many Spitfires available during the critical time of the Battle of Britain. The predominant fighter over British skies, defending against the Nazi's during the Battle of Britain, was the Hawker Hurricane.
    Indeed. The highest scoring squadron during the BoB was the Polish 303 Squadron with 66 victories despite joining two months in. I guess we all know the story behind that. The highest non-British ace came from that unit, the Czech Josef Frantisek; the Hurricane marked RF-R is in his honour.
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 0