Freeware OFF phase 2 problem ?

Thread: Freeware OFF phase 2 problem ?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Freeware OFF phase 2 problem ?

Had OFF phase 2 installed and working in windows 10. I then uninstalled it incorrectly by just deleting the folders. Now i cant re install OFF phase 2. Shows Runtime Error "13" Type Mismatch., and stops the install. Looks like it put something into the program files/system32, i believe . Do any of you long timers know how to fix this ? Thanks for any help. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Problem solved. Had to install a computer repair software to fix problem and clean up my system 32 file to get it to re install. Cooking with gas now ! Regards, Scott

Blog Entries
    If anybody is interested ,i can share. It is freeware and is easier on your pc. Will get WOFF/BHaH II as soon as i do a pc upgrade in a little while. Regards,Scott.

Hi Scott, do I have to have my clean install of CFS3 in my Win 10 Program Files\Microsoft Games folder? I'm trying to install OFF Phase II and it says it can't find CFS3.

Thanks,

Rob

Blog Entries
    Must use the original CFS3.exe for it to recognize the install. Then after installation of OFF phase 2 change the CFS3.exe-(Shell.exe) with the unmentionable CFS3.exe and rename it to Shell.exe .After selecting the Campaign or QC in the OFF manager hit the ctrl-shift-esc keys. You will then see the permission to run the CFS3 exe. Select yes and then the sim will load. Kinda tricky to do ,but it's the only way i've found that works in win10. Hope this helps. Regards,Scott

Thanks, I'm a little lost trying to understand renaming the files. I had some old instructions and tried those but when I try to run the program I get an error that the Mission File failed to load.

Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Sorry.i'm not very good at instructions. Before you try anything ,replace the Shell.exe with a no-cd patch and rename it to Shell.exe. Make sure you CFS3 install is updated correctly also. When selecting a mission or campaign and go to hanger use the task manager to bring up the permission to load simulator. Then the sim will load. Haven't had any problems with it so far. Make sure your OFF-phase 2-The Great War is fully patched also. Any more help ,please pm me and i'll walk you through it. Hope this helps. Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0