AI traffic, specifically military

Thread: AI traffic, specifically military

Hybrid View

AI traffic, specifically military

Happy holidays all!

While anxiously awaiting the forthcoming Just Flight Traffic addition for MSFS, I have noticed I never see any traffic at military specific airfields. Heck, there's not even any commercial or general aviation at any military airfields. Is this common to any that fly military airfields that haven't been modified by freeware?

I have seen MAIW advertising some future release packs too, so I know it's all in the works, just anxious to hear other's experiences too.

Just hoping that maybe there's a setting I have overlooked with regards to AI traffic.

Thanks.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

For all i know when it comes to airplanes AI traffic is broken.

I just see cars, buses and trucks driving by at any airport, no planes.. I certainly used tp see AI planes take-off and land (i don't think i ever saw a militairy AI plane though..) but suddenly that stopped. Not sure after which update our sky became such an empty place. I guess we just have to wait for Microsobo to give our virtual colleagues take-off clearance again. I always ran MAIW as well. Absolutely brilliant. Not sure anymore if it was MAIW but i never stopped trying until i was obliged to line up after a Spitfire or Mustang, or wait for a DC-6 to land. Sure hope we get a chance for that to happen in MSFS some day too.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    For all i know when it comes to airplanes AI traffic is broken.

I just see cars, buses and trucks driving by at any airport, no planes.. I certainly used tp see AI planes take-off and land (i don't think i ever saw a militairy AI plane though..) but suddenly that stopped. Not sure after which update our sky became such an empty place. I guess we just have to wait for Microsobo to give our virtual colleagues take-off clearance again. I always ran MAIW as well. Absolutely brilliant. Not sure anymore if it was MAIW but i never stopped trying until i was obliged to line up after a Spitfire or Mustang, or wait for a DC-6 to land. Sure hope we get a chance for that to happen in MSFS some day too.
    Thank you for confirming I had seen AI at civil fields before and now I don't either.

Hoping live AI for military become part of the scenery this upcoming year.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Unfortunately our good friends at Asobo broke the AI system in the newest update for the sim. I doubt that this was their intention, more so an unfortunate consequence of all the other things they added. A casualty of progress I suppose.

Now here's the real rub. The guys still active at MAIW (bless them!) had been making very good progress over the past year or so on implementing military AI traffic into this sim. You can still see preview shots at the website. There were two new models ready to go, AI F-35A/B/C and AI F-15E and a few more in the works including a KC-135R and A-10C that he was working on as well. The beta testing was quite far along and the results looked really promising.

Then it all came crashing down with the new sim update. All that time, work, testing and effort for.......... well nothing apparently for now and who knows when?? Imagine spending over a year testing, tweaking, trying things, developing and getting something ready to be released all for it to just blow up with the newest sim update.

You can imagine the frustration and anger this has generated. To the point that I think the boys are just going to go back and concentrate on P3d and FSX for the foreseeable future. At this point, no one knows when or if Asobo will get serious about AI traffic and there's no point in even trying to develop anything for MSFS until such time that they finally quit changing things.

What a cluster....

This is quite annoying
    That's why I didn't delete P3D
    Unfortunately, taxiing between the static scenery of MSFS is quite boring
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Thanks for the HU, Mike !

Bummer to hear that and quite worrying too...

Only thing we can do is think positive about it and expect Asobo to deal with it as top priority to fix, or atleast put it on the PLF (Priority List to Fix)

Fingers crossed (not put up minus one )

Members who have read this thread: 3