RAF Manby

Thread: RAF Manby

RAF Manby

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: Another of my Ez Scenery / AFCAD projects based on the UK photoscenery ; Ian has kindly made the included ground polys for stock/ Golden wings fs9.

Opened in August of 1938, it was home to No.1 Air Armament School, which had arrived from RAF Eastchurch. The role of the AAS was to train Armament Officers, Air Gunners and Air bombers so extensive use was made of the nearby bombing ranges on the coast. Training at the airfield by the AAS was not restricted to solely RAF personnel. They were responsible for training many personnel from many Allied air forces, some as far away as Turkey.

By June 1940 it was also home to the Joint Services Bomb Disposal School as well; The JSBDS was made up of Royal Engineers and Royal Navy demolition parties being trained alongside their RAF counterparts. In August 1940 due to the increased workload generated by the war, twenty five more mobile bomb disposal squads were formed.

Post ww2 it became the RAF Flying College and then, the College of Air Warfare until it closed in 1974

I've populated it here in the late 50's early 1960's style with Vickers Varsity, Valetta, and Gloster meteors
    you may need to build your own exclude file for stock scenery

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RAF Manby
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

38 downloads and not a single word here?

A puzzled Huub

Truly sorry MM. Yes, I'm flying Meteors from your wonderful Manby and love it!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Well, I haven't had time to fly there but I downloaded it and installed into my GW minus the more modern aircraft), my Classic Era sim and my Jet Age sim. The screenshots look good but I haven't had a chance yet to check it out up close. I like what I've seen in the screenies.

I just downloaded it and hope to have it installed this weekend. Thank you for the scenery!

The scenery is indeed very nice, however I have a small problem in my install based on Golden Wings. There is no pavement in front of the hangars.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Im guessing Pete use's some kind of photo background scenery in his install, i had'nt noticed before as he's mainly done WW2 era airfield's, Manby is more 1950's with a larger area of concrete/tarmac

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The scenery is indeed very nice, however I have a small problem in my install based on Golden Wings. There is no pavement in front of the hangars.....

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hi huub,

I'll whisk up an alternate Afcad for you when I'm back home over weekend

Ttfn

Pete

here you go; try this for stock/gw3 installs

AF2_EGXA.zip

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 1