DC Designs legacy Hornet freeware - released 1/27! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DC Designs legacy Hornet freeware - released 1/27!

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    If you read through the comments on the flightsim.to page for the F-18, someone posted a link to a contact point tweak that helps fix the gear.
    Thank you. If so, this is a new kind of solution for those issues in MSFS. Would be great if this were the case.
    In FSX or P3D, this kind of wrong animations in most cases are included inside the mdl file(s) of the model and used to be reworked in it (mostly by using the appropriate developer tool prog). Fingers crossed, this great freeware may get a proper fix for it
    Best regards, Manfred.

If you read through the comments on the flightsim.to page for the F-18, someone posted a link to a contact point tweak that helps fix the gear.
    Thanks!!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

The contact points edit works (as seen below). The reason is that the full animation of the oleo compression is already there in the model, but the original settings within the contact points made the gear compression too strong.

now better...

Last edited by ZsoltB; February 5th, 2023 at 02:12.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    The contact points edit works (as seen below). The reason is that the full animation of the oleo compression is already there in the model, but the original settings within the contact points made the gear compression too strong.

Thanks for this John

Am I right that the [CONTACT POINTS] and [LIGHTS] text sections are just added to the aircraft cfg after the [VR] sections - they are not replacing existing sections of the same name?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Thanks for this John

Am I right that the [CONTACT POINTS] and [LIGHTS] text sections are just added to the aircraft cfg after the [VR] sections - they are not replacing existing sections of the same name?

Thanks
    If you're talking about the changes from the .to comments section, I'm pretty sure they're a replacement for the existing parts of the
    .cfg

Wow, great to see! Now the bird is looking outstanding. Thank's for information. Almost no need for a payware, innit?
    Best regards, Manfred.

If you're talking about the changes from the .to comments section, I'm pretty sure they're a replacement for the existing parts of the
    .cfg

sorry my bad - didn't read the notes properly ( as usual!)

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Almost no need for a payware, innit?
    I agree. The excellent freeware MSFS Asobo/Microsoft Super Hornet already checked that box for me, and this import of the old FSX Legacy Hornet (which has been made to make use of the features of the Asobo/MS Super Hornet) pushes it over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    It's FREE, and incredibly well implemented into MSFS, with all of the same effects and functionality as the MSFS/Asobo F-18 (also freeware). Normally I don't go for any military aviation newer than the Korean War era, but I had to check it out.

LOVE the NAS Key West screenshot!! NC

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Zsolt that screenshot is simply superb!!! NC

Members who have read this thread: 2