Mil-erm Blackbird Simulations Porter Stage 2 Update.

Thread: Mil-erm Blackbird Simulations Porter Stage 2 Update.

Mil-erm Blackbird Simulations Porter Stage 2 Update.

Hi All,

Just had an email saying the Porter Stage II, complete with analogue gauges, floats, & tundra tyres has been released!

Christmas has arrived a little earlier this year!

Downloading it now.

Keith.

I learned the PC-6 Phase 2 beta was up on the Milviz forums and downloaded it earlier today to try it out. I thought "This is pretty nice, I'll hold onto this until the official release!"

And literally 2 hours later it officially released
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Maybe now I'll figure out how to get the darn thing to go into beta during a descent. Something's not clicking with my technique as I try to follow the instructions in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Maybe now I'll figure out how to get the darn thing to go into beta during a descent. Something's not clicking with my technique as I try to follow the instructions in the manual.
    It's not readily apparent, you don't get a clear indication that it's occurring. I just followed what I saw in this video, essentially, pull the power back to idle, leave everything else as it is, as the speed comes down, introduce flaps, and as you reach between 60-80 knots, you can start a controlled descent (I usually try to keep it around 2-3k fpm but you can just go straight down and you shouldn't overspeed the aircraft, at least, that's what the skydiver guys do) when you get to a good pattern altitude you can flare and land like normal!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    It's not readily apparent, you don't get a clear indication that it's occurring. I just followed what I saw in this video, essentially, pull the power back to idle, leave everything else as it is, as the speed comes down, introduce flaps, and as you reach between 60-80 knots, you can start a controlled descent (I usually try to keep it around 2-3k fpm but you can just go straight down and you shouldn't overspeed the aircraft, at least, that's what the skydiver guys do) when you get to a good pattern altitude you can flare and land like normal!
    That video was hugely helpful. (And fascinating to watch!)

Thanks!

ive installed the pc6 update on my "gaming machine" i have yet to get network sharing working between my three pcs, any idea how i can get the manual on to my laptop easily ? i spend more time in bed these days than up and about.and would like to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    ive installed the pc6 update on my "gaming machine" i have yet to get network sharing working between my three pcs, any idea how i can get the manual on to my laptop easily ? i spend more time in bed these days than up and about.and would like to read it.
    You can download the user guide via Blackbird's website here: https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/PG.php?id=74

It's right at the bottom under Downloads.

Hope this helps!

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHippy1975 View Post
    You can download the user guide via Blackbird's website here: https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/PG.php?id=74

It's right at the bottom under Downloads.

Hope this helps!

Keith.
    oh god.. lol..
    thank you.

You could install either ICloud or MS One Drive to all your computers. I have both apps on my flight sim PC, my laptop, Ipad and Iphone. They each have a folder on my simming PC in which I drop such things as flight sim manuals, and after it syncs with the cloud server, those manuals are available on all my devices. It's particularly useful on the Ipad, because I can prop it up next to my monitor, and read the manual as I look round a new VC or learn a piece of avionics.

I am really enjoying this steam-gauged Porter! So much so, in fact, that I've edited the aircraft.cfg for all three Glass versions to hide them from the aircraft menu. (I tried deleting them from the package and updating the json, but ended up with pink planes.) I had forgotten how much fun straight VOR navigation can be. I'm currently on one of my favorite runs from Dominicci in PR to Princess Julianna with a maxed out cargo load of "bat juice" and other supplies for my imaginary friend that owns the bar at the south end of Maho Beach. She's cruising along nicely at 12,000', and 120 kts indicated, with 145 kts showing on the DME. Fully loaded, she doesn't climb like a rocket, instead it's more like a koala climbing a eucalyptus tree, but 500'/m will get you up to a good economical flight level quick enough, and you can maintain a good airspeed while doing it. If you're looking for a rugged hauler that can do things most others can't, like dropping cargo out of a trap door when landing is impossible, this is one you should consider!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

There's always thumb drives too...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0