Moving On

Thread: Moving On

Moving On

I have finally shutdown P3DV5 and parked all my FSX-P3D material into storage. I have moved on-over to XPlane12. Still about on this website but no longer active with P3D.

If I did that, I'd immediately be overcome with an insatiable desire to fly a Shorts C-class flying boat or something else esoteric that simply isn't available anywhere else. Anyway, it's your decision, I hope you have a great time with XP, but remember you'll always be welcome back in LM land

Cheers mate! Have a great Christmas!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    I have finally shutdown P3DV5 and parked all my FSX-P3D material into storage. I have moved on-over to XPlane12. Still about on this website but no longer active with P3D.
    I know what you're talking about. I shut down P3D quite some time ago when MSFS was released. I have looked back (even reinstalled it only to delete it after a day or three), but now I don't anymore.

I doubt very much that LM will ever reach the standard that M$/Asobo have reached with MSFS.

Good luck with Xplane!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I moved from P3Dv4 to XP11 back in 2021 when I got a new computer. I've grown to love XP, but I'm actually pondering reinstalling P3D simply because I miss the amazing diversity of quality freeware and payware aircraft available for LM's platform. There are definitely some superb addons for XP11/XP12, but in terms of numbers there's just no comparison to amount of offerings available for P3D...yet. We'll see what the future holds.

MSFS also looks extremely tempting, but I just personally haven't felt the need to take that leap so far. I'm sure that'll change as some point!
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    In what way? Other than a scenery simulator "game" it doesn't come anywhere near the LM products ability to simulate in all environments (land, sea, air) and as far as Know it's not being sold to contractors or the military for real world simulation. (Show me one real world a/c that is flown with an Xbox game controller.) When is comes to the flight dynamics it's no near as good for conventional gear a/c. Maybe for flying "tubeliners" at FL 350 and at that altitude everything looks about the same on the ground. That may change and while I still have it (MSFS) installed, P3D V5 remains my go to for the type of a/c we model and enjoy.
    Graphics for sure. Flightmodel if you turn on full realism and the modern flight model, not the legacy one which is crap.

Add to that, that it is constantly updated, and there you go. And in stark contrast to LM, you don't have to reinstall the bloody thing every time.

It is however, a different beast altogether. It's no clone of any legacy sim just with better graphics. It's completely new and has nothing to do with any legacy sim. New technology, better suited to change and infinitely more flexible than legacy sims.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Members who have read this thread: 0