Shattered sword.......

Thread: Shattered sword.......

Shattered sword.......

.......has anyone here read this book by Jonathan Parshall. It is about the Battle of Midway from the Japanese perspective and has a lot of info on the decision making structure and such that went into the planning of it. It also has info on the carriers , squadrons involved , carrier a/c deck spotting and a/c payload techniques . It is long but might be of interest to some here. Just thought I would pass it on.
    Merry Christmas, Happy Hannaka (sp ?) and a Happy New Year to all !!!!!! May this one be better than the last two !!!

Great Book

It's a must. Bought my copy 10 years ago. Parshall and Tully have hit a home run.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    It's a must. Bought my copy 10 years ago. Parshall and Tully have hit a home run.
    I always read about it in the opening sequence of Tora Tora Tora , is it recommended?

Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    I always read about it in the opening sequence of Tora Tora Tora , is it recommended?
    Go to Youtube videos and request anything from Parshall. Watch one of his discussions and see for yourself.

I consider "Shattered Sword" to be the definitive book on the Battle of Midway from the perspective of the Japanese side. The authors really did their homework. If you're interested in the Pacific war and especially the role of carrier aviation, you need to read this book.

For those that are interested.....

...... may be available in your area with a library download. I had read this on my computers and Kindle. My library had it available so I obtained it through the "Libby" app. Check your local libraries. It may be there for download.

You can download it for free from this Czech user library/storage site. https://ulozto.net/
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks Fibber for the heads-up on this interesting book, and Kurt for the download link. I'm reading it right now and find it fascinating to be able to look at the battle from the Japanese side.

Blog Entries
    Mommy said that book was to big to read to me at bedtime so any other suggestions. I'm getting kinda tired of the Big bad wolf and a few others.

Members who have read this thread: 0