Akemi A6M3 model 22 revisions UT

Thread: Akemi A6M3 model 22 revisions UT

Akemi A6M3 model 22 revisions UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Japanese

Description: akemi A6M3b Zero skinpack1 by UncleTgt

This is a revision of akemi's A6M3b model 22 Zero for CFS 2. The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. A dull camo sheen model is supplied for these later camouflaged planes.

The airfile only has a description changed to read in English. The textures have been redrawn to try & match the stock textures in appearance, & depict a variety of aircraft at different times throughout their active service.

The textures supplied are:

W1-108 Aircraft from 201ku, based at Kahili, September 1943. Pilot Takeo Okumura.

T2-112 Aircraft from 204ku, based at Kahili, June-July 1943. Pilot Matsuo Hagiri.

U1-105 Aircraft from 251ku, based at Rabaul, May 1943.

53-157 Aircraft from 253ku, based at Tobera airfield in the Rabaul area of New Britain, circa September 1943.

The 2D panel bitmap has been made WIN 7+ friendly. I combined the OH stock 2D panel with Akemi's VC panel view, & improved the resolution of the VC view instruments.

The aircraft.cfg contact points have been adjusted to allow belly landings (thanks Skylane), & the airfile optimised for improved AI formation flight & a more accurate flight range.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of Allen's Japanese bombs, & Thicko's D4Y2 wing pylons. I converted it to read in english instead of japanese.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

Akemi for a great series of multi-LOD aircraft
    Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+
    Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes
    Kelticheart for his exhaust effects, & inspiration for the propeller bitmaps

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    NOV 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Akemi A6M3 model 22 revisions UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Luverly work UT. Thank you.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thank you for these planes, they are wonderful.

Icon14 Reply...

UncleTgt,

These are outstanding revisions, thank you for all of your hard work!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Just curious....something missing?

Just getting around to loading up one of your latest new additions and although the file (mz_a6m2b_skinpack1_UT) contains the PANEL file referred to in your readme, .....my download of the (akemi_A6M3b_skinpack1_UT) doesn't appear to contain a PANEL file.....but the readme is identical.

Well now I see that the Aircraft.cfg references (panel=OH). Whaszat?

UncleTgt,

Thanks for the new A6M3 texture files.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    Just getting around to loading up one of your latest new additions and although the file (mz_a6m2b_skinpack1_UT) contains the PANEL file referred to in your readme, .....my download of the (akemi_A6M3b_skinpack1_UT) doesn't appear to contain a PANEL file.....but the readme is identical.
    Worthless, upload updated to include the missing panel folder & contents. It's the same panel as in my A6M3 Hamp update. I don't think you can use the A6M2b-t panel, Akemi updated his Zero model for the A6M2b-t & the VC view is a little different.

Thanks for spotting this - but you could've just pinged me a PM instead

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Worthless, upload updated to include the missing panel folder & contents. It's the same panel as in my A6M3 Hamp update. I don't think you can use the A6M2b-t panel, Akemi updated his Zero model for the A6M2b-t & the VC view is a little different.

Thanks for spotting this - but you could've just pinged me a PM instead
    Oops! My mistake. Will do in the future. Many thanks for all of your creations. They are superb.

UT........

.....You are one prolific artist ! THANK YOU for everything you have posted! I may not have been able to get the game running on a new computer yet (financial impediment) but I have all of your art saved ! When I am able it will be a loooooong couple of days to get up to speed !

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (or at least try )

Some action with the new Model 22.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 058.jpg   056.jpg   053.jpg   052.jpg   050.jpg  

those are wonderful work, truly impressive and very realisitc great work as always.

Chris
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Beautiful work UT. Many thanks for continuing to populate the bases of the SW Pacific with such realistic aircraft and objects.

Library Staff
    Hear hear!

I took a couple of the sexy new paint jobs and changed a few old missions out of Rabaul to add them as ground scenery. They look amazing in game, the snap shots don't do them enough justice. Fantastic work here, many thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 2