Hang tight Pilgrims I'm redoing a P-400

Thread: Hang tight Pilgrims I'm redoing a P-400

Blog Entries

Hang tight Pilgrims I'm redoing a P-400

Blog Entries
    I didn't paint the texture but I added to it on both sides. The texture is basically a rework of UncleTgt's reworked skin from Sopwith Chameleon's PNG P-400 repaint. The panel is basically the stock wildcat panel minus the canopy pasted over Allen's p-39 panel and using that canopy.The wood came from a image I just revived the colors to make it stand out before installing it over the Wildcat panel. The Gun sight decor came from an engraving from a Colt 45ACP Pistol .

https://ibb.co/CW6NM8m

https://ibb.co/VjWJFFs

I'm betting you are a hot rod aficionado. A lot of rods get the same sort of decorations.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Blog Entries
    No not really. I do appreciate some of the older cars that have been fixed up but I’m not really into that myself and just don’t have enough interest to go to car shows etc. I just use my creative imagination when modding . I know these airplanes didn’t have wooden panels but do we really need to be realistic as possible all the time? I understand that’s what many people want and I don’t blame them if that’s how they appreciate these old warbirds but at the end of the day it’s still gonna be a game and not the real deal so to speak. Now that texture already had the shark mouth and eyes I just toned up the colors to stick out better. Americans were decorative probably more so than any other country especially at adding women artwork etc on the planes. I’m sure the Japanese didn’t do that. Germans were creative but they too left their girlfriend off of the planes. The British should have been to proper for that and the French wouldn’t had time for the paint to dry before the Germans got them. Russia was to strict and they only allowed their country symbols on the planes and they controlled art everywhere else to so if you were an artist you painted propaganda posters not your girlfriend in a bikini. I have seen naked women on the doors of a p-39 so this did happen even if this texture is fictional it’s not totally out of realism either. Certainly I didn’t put STP stickers as well as Edlebrock all over the nose and number 3 on the doors and Gm Goodrwench. I tried to keep it more airplane looking without being to strict about it. After all it’s a game is there room for everyone or is like the Russians you got to do what your told to do?

Blog Entries
    I’ve never really messed with the gauges before. The eject button isn’t really a gauge just added as panel decor not operational. I added it for kicks. I left the launch missile button off so give me some credit even if it was tempting. What’s the easiest way to unpack the gauges to repaint them. The map button and engine control button apparently have a transparent background which is just perfect for those stock black panels but looks a bit odd on a wooden panel in my opinion. I have FS panel studio but the gauges don’t show up because I didn’t install combat flight sim in program files as it’s best not to nowadays with the later windows system. I can change it to look in another location for airplane panels but it doesn’t look for the gauge folder there. I could probably make a folder in program files and just add the gauge folder only inside. Does this program unpack the texture and repack it too after your done painting it? Been busier than a cat covering up manure working for Amazon near Christmas time as you can imagine so I haven’t been able to put as much time in on the game learning new tricks etc as much as I would like too but it is what it is I have to eat first and pay the bills.

Blog Entries

Any purtier or knot

Me still working but slowly because me been busy. I think you'uns might like this texture better so let's see.

https://ibb.co/pRNLD15

Blog Entries

panel gooder?

Members who have read this thread: 0