PB4Y-1 Liberator

Thread: PB4Y-1 Liberator

Blog Entries

PB4Y-1 Liberator

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: CONSOLIDATED PB4Y-1 LIBERATOR, The Navy's acquisition of the B-24D as a long range patrol bomber/sub hunter. This is a mod of the B24 Guys B24D mod.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit PB4Y-1_LIBERATOR
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I love tricolor blue camo schemes. LOL Might be in my blood since my father was a WWII Navy pilot.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Blog Entries
    Thanks I like the Navy color better than the Army myself and I was happy with the texture I put together . I didn’t do much painting but some touch up work. Biggest challenge was the nose art. What looks good on a flat texture and what looks good on a aircraft modal are two different things. First attempt was way to big so second attempt still to big and finally last attempt was good. I did both sides with the Nose Art. I guess I’ll move on to another project and hope it’s just as fun. My problem is I can’t mod much right now as I work for Amazon and it’s busier than a cat covering up - - it right now with Christmas coming up.

Icon22 Reply...

Deathwind,

Thank you for another great update...the B-24 was a workhorse!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Hi Deathwind
    Looking Good
    Thanks for this great addition.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Blog Entries
    Thanks my friends. The mines and depth charges should be treated as ordinary bombs because that's the way the game sees them. Actually there is nothing totally submerged to need a depth charge. All subs fire guns at you instead of diving like in the way it really was. it's my belief too the bombs are way off calibration compared reality. they seem to be more like heavy weight champion style bullets more than bombs. hit him on the head he falls down but graze his head then no damage done like a bullet.

Library Staff
    Great work Deathwind - thanks very much!
    Kevin

Blog Entries
    Thanks Kartdriver. messing around with the 87 days campaign right now. Doing a Airacutie P-400 a little different from Allen's as there are many different versions of the airacutie but they all have a nude woman nose art theme. Mine isn't as weathered as his either which makes her stand out more just assuming I'm not finished with the texture. Redone the panel plates to a very beautiful exotic wood texture which wasn't what they really looked like but I'm betting they would like to had that. They say this campaign has a lot of eye candy in it which I like and I'm betting it will have more after I'm done with it.

Icon26

Thanks deathbed.

Cheers mav

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Thanks deathbed.

Cheers mav
    That sounds about right sometimes.

Blog Entries
    Thanks I surely appreciate everyone who took the time to say something and show your support. I’m not in the league like you guys are mainly because of the no shirt no shoes no school rules but instead I rely on my imagination and a few curse words to put something together I hope people can enjoy. It’s guys like you who put out the mods I just mix stuff together to bring something different to the table. I call my work the Sim Outhouse mods because it honers the true creators of the mods and I’m certainly not seeking credit or publicity for what I do I just enjoy messing with stuff and see how I can add a new twist to it. Thanks and have a awesome day.

Blog Entries
    Looks Wild to me.

https://ibb.co/5KZFpjn

Members who have read this thread: 0