Talking about controller devices...

Thread: Talking about controller devices...

SOH-CM-2024

Talking about controller devices...

I just got a Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System and after installed the latest drivers for it, I cannot get the Aileron Axis (X-Axis) to work at all! I am perfectly happy with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick, but sadly I have carpel tunnel syndrome bad in my right hand and it goes to sleep on me, so I wanted to try a yoke to fly some left handed and rest the right hand. But the unit is fubar as far as using any aileron control and I cannot find a fix for the SOB anywhere. I have ended up writing Logitech an email support letter and hope to hear back. If I cannot fix the problem, I'm packing it up and send sending it back for a refund. POS made in the PRC anyhow to mess with occidental minds!

If any of you have the same system and any answers, I am all ears. I don't like forking out $170.00 for a POS that will not work properly.

Cazzie

Hi Cazzie,

After plugging the thing in, did you check/redo the axis assignments in the options?

I have to redo the assignments (spifically throttle assignments) after every update. For what it's worth, I have a Thrustmaster 1600M throttle/stick combo.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    It may not help you but sometimes it helps me with my Honeycomb Bravo Throttle unit, my Honeycomb Alpha Yoke unit has never given me any trouble.

Make sure you go into "Windows" and test your unit by typing in USB controllers in the search bar: see my post here, reply # 45

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Released/page2

I usually have trouble with my Honeycomb Bravo unit the most, and it has been sent back for repair at the manufacturer X 1 already.

On some days when things stop responding for me, I just pull out the USB cable while MSFS is running and start over. That will most times fix itself for whatever reason

SOH-CM-2024
    Priller and FlameOut, I have done both, even installed older drivers. Nothing work on the X-Axis. As a last resort, I contacted the Logitech website and their Bot Chat gave me an email to send my quay to. So far no reply, even in SPAM. I'll probably end up sending the POS Chi-Com unit back, I'm happy with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick.

Caz

Caz, I have both the Logitech / Saitek original yoke and the Cessna yoke. Both work fine. I did have a bad throttle assy with my Cessna yoke, one lever did not work. I notified the seller, (Best Buy) and they replaced the entire unit. Has worked fine for years. I did wear out my 1st set of Saitek rudder pedals after many years of use. Second set is about 5-6 years old, and working fine. If yours is not working in the windows calibration program, it should be replaced by the seller, no charge.

As for where these are made, I also have the highly recommended Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo yoke and throttle units. They are also made in China. I believe Thrustmaster products are also, tho' I don't have any of theirs to confirm that. Not defending the place of manufacture, just sayin'. I totally understand your frustration, I've felt it too when something didn't work out of box.

Hope you get things figured out.

I have to go back in the sim and (hopefully) correctly configure my Saitek / Logitek X-56 Rino HOTAS to work twin engine throttles properly.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Afraid i won't be of any help to you, Caz, though i have used that Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System too without any problem. But that's a long time ago now. For a while i don't use a Yoke anymore because of limited deskspace. I use a flightstick that fits neatly beside my keyboard.

That said, since this topic is about controller devices, mainly because of our new DC-3 and also DC-6 and possibly even because of the forthcoming AH Lancaster, i am looking for an adjustable throttle quadrant. (which i hope to stick to a seperate removeable small table..;-)

I was nearly ready to order one of the NXT Throttle Combos by VKB Sim (anyone possibly familiar with VKB ??...) when i stumbled over Honeycomb Bravo Throttle mentioned here by Flameout. Must say that looks quite fantastic !

On top of that i also stumbled over a company called 'FlightSimFactory' that sells a truckload of various throttle quadrant lever styles that can be used with the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle. Ranges f.i. from a Spitfire Throttle/Prop/Mix levers setup to a 777 throttle quadrant with all other Boeing and Airbus quadrant style stuff in between.

But what i bought is a throttle quadrant style set for the DC-3 as well as for the DC-6 ! Wow!

So, is anybody familiar with these Bravo Throttle additions by FlightSimFactory ? Would love to know about the quality f.i. Must say i'm not sure about those fairly thick raised P,T,M letters on top of the knobs. Looks to me like these levers may well have been be printed... ?

Nontheless, i have often been thinking how wonderful it would be if we could have a throttle quadrant that would more or less resemble that of a DC-3 or DC-6. Now that we have our glorious MSFS ( well, just about, almost there..) as our breathtaking virtual flying theatre and a brand new vintage DC-3 alongside an even more vintage DC-6 a more or less authentic throttle quadrant to fly them i think is genuinly and deffinately the icing on the cake !!

Don't you think ??....

Would love to know what y'all Douglas afficionados think about this.

Btw, the FlightSimFactory is here : https://www.etsy.com/shop/FlightSimFactory
    Last edited by Javis; November 28th, 2022 at 17:24.

SOH-CM-2024

Drool!

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Afraid i won't be of any help to you, Caz, though i have used that Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System too without any problem. But that's a long time ago now. For a while i don't use a Yoke anymore because of limited deskspace. I use a flightstick that fits neatly beside my keyboard.

That said, since this topic is about controller devices, mainly because of our new DC-3 and also DC-6 and possibly even because of the forthcoming AH Lancaster, i am looking for an adjustable throttle quadrant. (which i hope to stick to a seperate removeable small table..;-)

I was nearly ready to order one of the NXT Throttle Combos by VKB Sim (anyone possibly familiar with VKB ??...) when i stumbled over Honeycomb Bravo Throttle mentioned here by Flameout. Must say that looks quite fantastic !

On top of that i also stumbled over a company called 'FlightSimFactory' that sells a truckload of various throttle quadrant lever styles that can be used with the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle. Ranges f.i. from a Spitfire Throttle/Prop/Mix levers setup to a 777 throttle quadrant with all other Boeing and Airbus quadrant style stuff in between.

But what i bought is a throttle quadrant style set for the DC-3 as well as for the DC-6 ! Wow!

So, is anybody familiar with these Bravo Throttle additions by FlightSimFactory ? Would love to know about the quality f.i. Must say i'm not sure about those fairly thick raised P,T,M letters on top of the knobs. Looks to me like these levers may well have been be printed... ?

Nontheless, i have often been thinking how wonderful it would be if we could have a throttle quadrant that would more or less resemble that of a DC-3 or DC-6. Now that we have our glorious MSFS ( well, just about, almost there..) as our breathtaking virtual flying theatre and a brand new vintage DC-3 alongside an even more vintage DC-6 a more or less authentic throttle quadrant to fly them i think is genuinly and deffinately the icing on the cake !!

Don't you think ??....

Would love to know what y'all Douglas afficionados think about this.
    Outrageous! But I really do not care for the multi-engine tube liners or bombers. However, that said, I love the Flying Iron P-38L Lightning and that uses a yoke! Actually, I have carpel tunnel syndrome in my right hand very back and the thing goes to sleep (thumb and first two forefingers get ice cold) while flying with the stick. So I figured I would order a yoke so I could fly left handed a bit and give my right hand a break in lieu of pausing the sim. It seems from the boards I have frequented for a solution that the yoke worked like a charm in FS9, FSX, and P3D, but there have been many like me who have yokes that are fubar with MSFS. If Logitech's support has not given me a solution by Friday, the unit goes back.

Cazzie

Well, i'm sorry to hear that, Cazzie. You know, there are flightsticks for left hand use too, right ? Can imagine that'll take a lot to get used to but maybe for your sitation it's worth a try. Yeah, the P-38 is awesome. Have it too. I was just looking at some P-38 cockpits to remind me of the throttle quadrant setup when i inadvertedly was presented with this : https://youtu.be/P8ZkZu_pbWM Yep, that's a Yoke alright !

SOH-CM-2024
    Loved the video Javis. I met Chris Fahay at an Oceana NAS Blue Angles airshow about 12 years ago. Yep, that yoke is loose as a goose.

Caz

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    It may not help you but sometimes it helps me with my Honeycomb Bravo Throttle unit, my Honeycomb Alpha Yoke unit has never given me any trouble.
    Make sure you go into "Windows" and test your unit by typing in USB controllers in the search bar: see my post here, reply # 45
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Released/page2
    Thanks for that screenie, FlameOut, atleast i know now how it should look. Afraid i have only one 'controller' turn up in my USB controller dialog (i suppose that's my flightstick). No "Honeycomb Bravo Throttle" to see. When i plug it in i do get a 'Ping' but also a Windows warning message saying that a new installed USB device is not recognised by Windows.

I have seen just about all Honeycomb Bravo Throttle setup videos (those by Rmag are particularly great !) but they all start with the HBT already nicely displayed in the MSFS controller Menu. I was expecting to have to deal with a bit of opposition naturally but i did not calculate the fact that i can't even get Windows to recognise my new toy (really love the quality of it, very impressive ! )

It's not like i need to install some software first, is it ??.... ( only software i found on the honeycomb website is 'as_honeycomb_msfs6.zip'. It installs some aerosoft stuff but i have no aerosoft planes or anything...? )

How did you get your Honeycomb throttle to show up in MSFS, FlameOut ?

Thanks a lot of any hints/tips !

Another place you can check if its been detected is to browse to C:\Windows\System32\joy.cpl
    make a shortcut to it so you can find it easily in the future.

This will bring up the old Game Controllers dialog from Win XP and earlier. Its still in Win 10 (not sure about 11).
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    @ Javis,

You should have a file in your community folder: AFC_Bridge from the Honeycomb website's download section. This file, even today, still does not fix the lights on the Bravo unit. I do think there are several YouTube videos and files over at Flightsim.to that will help address this issue.

You may have to turn the 'puter off, plug in both of your Alpha & Bravo units.... turn the 'puter back on and the run the USB controller app (Windows 11). It should recognize them when you do.

In my posted picture I did not have my Alpha unit plugged in.

- Don

SOH-CM-2024
    Guys,

I have run the gauntlet, including removing registry values in a .zip required by Logitech. I have uninstall all drivers, run a Registry Cleaner. reinstall the latest drivers, made sure the Yoke System was plugged into a USB 2.0 slot on my PC (not an external or 3.0) upon request and still no X-Axis. The Yoke is simply FUBAR, I have boxed it and it will be returned via Amazon tomorrow. Many thanks for all the help anyhow fellows.

Regards,
    Cazzie

Thank you, DB and Don !

I found that *only* plugging the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle into one of the 4 USB ports at the front of my computer would make Windows and MSFS as well recognise it. Hurray!!

As all 4 USB ports on the front are used i was trying to get the thing going via an extension USB cable (of course the USB cable that comes with the HBT is way too short) and a 7 port USB hub. Windows nore MSFS didn't like that at all but when i plugged the hub in one of the front USB ports voila! Bingo!

Very nice to see throttles, mixture and props working right away ! (throttles needed some messing about)

So, i believe i'm on the right track when the HBT is concerned but it looks like the 1 Gig update that was installed messed about with a few things as well ! I have lost sound in MSFS (never happend before) and various functions of my flightstick.

Does anyone see this too ???......

Thanks again gentlemen for your help to get my precious HBT going. I love it much already !

Members who have read this thread: 0