I purchased the VelocityOne(VOFS) flightstick direct from Turtlebeach. The price, using a coupon, was $124 with free delivery. It arrived within 3 days by motor freight.

I'd been using exclusively Logitech's Extreme 3D Pro for two decades and thought it time for something more up to date.

What was most wanted was a stick that when released would return more precisely to its home position. Other convincing features of the VelocithOne FS included Hall effect stick sensing, two hat switches, two multifunction levers, several buttons many of which are illuminated and a trim wheel. The styling and colored lighting of the stick and buttons in the early ads were very tempting.

After receiving the VOFS other nice feature stood out including the extreme position indents of the throttle that turn on the afterburner and provide reverse thrust for props. Of course the planes must have those features.

The VOFS is not without faults or complaints. Some of those follow:

The base of the unit is not deep enough to avoid tipping due to the force needed to push the stick forward or back. Tipping can be avoided by mounting the stick with provided screws to a stable surface. Tipping can also be subdued by applying downward force while pushing the stick. Avoiding extreme flying conditions helps too but would be impossible in combat or stunt flying.

When the VOFS is plugged into the PC, speaker sound is turned off for normal use. The sound for MSFS comes on after the Asobo and 40th anniversary screens. Also, one must change the MSFS sound settings to speakers (when wanted) since the VOFS defaults to headphones. Since my PC occasionally has problems that others do not, this sound problem may be only unique to me.

Buttons set for Cowl flaps don't work for the Connie and DC3. The flaps flutter slightly but to not open. It appears that the flaps for these planes must be opened in the plane.

The tiny touchpad works but takes skill to use effectively. Pause mode is recommended.

In conclusion the VOFS met my expectations and beyond. I can live with the complaints but I sure wish I did not have to plug/unplug the USB connection for MSFS/Normal use for speaker sound.