Do you use the rear view mirror option?

Thread: Do you use the rear view mirror option?

Do you use the rear view mirror option?

I am updating one of my aircraft. I had forgotten to use this feature for a long tome. It seems to be totally useless, but it beats looking at a static rear view mirror bmp file.

This is how to set up the rear view mirror: use F11 to start a new screen, resize it to fit the rear view mirror, use F4 to change to a VC view, rotate the graphics to look behind the aircraft.

Happy Thanksgivings to everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MIRROR1.jpg  

Wow! Very tricky.

Never scene this done before. I do sometimes adjust the panel file just a bit to reflect a mirror view instead of plain rear view, but this is so much more realistic. I don't suppose it's anything an amateur can install?

I actually had never heard of this before. Great idea Andrew.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Guess it would be nice to see who's shooting at you, from behind.

Cheers mav

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    Never scene this done before. I do sometimes adjust the panel file just a bit to reflect a mirror view instead of plain rear view, but this is so much more realistic. I don't suppose it's anything an amateur can install?
    I am starting to like this feature. You can not see the enemy aircraft from behind easily due to the size of the rear view mirror. I do enjoy seeing clouds, mountains, or the ocean rotating in the background. It beats looking at a static mirror bmp file.

It is quite easy to do, there is no installation. It takes less than 1 minute to add it to any aircraft. It works better with aircraft that has a bubble canopy. The instructions were given in the original message. Here are more detailed instructions:

1. Hit the F11 key when you are in the 2D or VC mode to display a new window.
    2. Use the mouse to resize it and drag it to a location that you wanted.
    3. Hit the F4 key to change it to a VC cockpit mode.
    4. Use the shift+cntrl+ arrow keys to rotate the view to look backwards.
    5. Use the mouse to click anywhere on the main screen to exit the rear view screen.

That's all. I hope you guys like this feature.

That's a trick I have learnt about years ago. IIRC, there are rear view mirrors bitmaps available here you can add to any panel.

I didn't use it that much, because they will not work exactly like a mirror since rear view cannot be... well... mirrored! As you can see on your screenshot, the view in the mirror will rotate the opposite side from your aircraft, and other aircraft will appear on the wrong side, making it tricky to understand where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    That's a trick I have learnt about years ago. IIRC, there are rear view mirrors bitmaps available here you can add to any panel.

I didn't use it that much, because they will not work exactly like a mirror since rear view cannot be... well... mirrored! As you can see on your screenshot, the view in the mirror will rotate the opposite side from your aircraft, and other aircraft will appear on the wrong side, making it tricky to understand where they are.
    After playing with it this afternoon. It is not a real mirror. But it is better than a static bmp screen.
    Last edited by AcWai; November 26th, 2022 at 15:06.

Members who have read this thread: 0