A plea to anyone who can help.

Thread: A plea to anyone who can help.

SOH-CM-2024

A plea to anyone who can help.

No, it is not any problem within my MSFS, it's the fact I have to fly military WW II and jet aircraft with that idiot looking Asobo pilot! Is there anyway to put a military pilot in the planes? If someone from Asobo or Flying Iron is reading this, fix this please. It just does not look right.

Cazzie

In the options, is the pilot avatar set as "default"? if not, you should!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Yep, check your avatar settings. It annoys me too, although there is an option here, but there are also old planes with a guy in a baseball cap (usually Asobo ones, like Ju-52, Ju-13 etc). I don't know why there is still no pilot era in this simulator since they give you the option to change the kind of pilot.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2024
    Do you mean the Options in the Sim? Which Options? General. Where? I know there are a slew of characters from commercial aviation to military, but how does one change them. Flying Iron had the Asobo pilot in their download!

Cazzie, getting too old to learn proper.

In General Options go to Miscellaneous. You'll find the pilot options there.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Options > General > Misc. - You'll find the pilot settings here. If your avatars for pilot and copilot are set to Default, then the sim will load up whatever pilot model the aircraft.cfg calls for. But if you have chosen a specific avatar for either seat, that will override the cfg file every time. Of course, this can lead to some awkward looks from ground crew...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator 11_22_2022 5_47_56 PM.jpg  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

You could also edit the aircraft.cfg as long as its not encrypted which is my preferred method seeing as I'm male and most of the default planes have a female pilot set as the default.

Look for the [PILOT] section and the lines in it
    pilot = "Pilot_Female_Casual"
    copilot = "Pilot_Male_Casual"
    and edit them to your liking

A full list of available pilots are

Pilot_Female_African
    Pilot_Female_Arab
    Pilot_Female_Asian
    Pilot_Female_Casual
    Pilot_Female_Hispanic
    Pilot_Female_Indian
    Pilot_Female_Uniform
    Pilot_Female_Uniform_African
    Pilot_Female_Uniform_Arab
    Pilot_Female_Uniform_Asian
    Pilot_Female_Uniform_Hispanic
    Pilot_Female_Uniform_Indian
    Pilot_Male_African
    Pilot_Male_Arab
    Pilot_Male_Asian
    Pilot_Male_Casual
    Pilot_Male_Hispanic
    Pilot_Male_Indian
    Pilot_Male_Uniform
    Pilot_Male_Uniform_African
    Pilot_Male_Uniform_Arab
    Pilot_Male_Uniform_Asian
    Pilot_Male_Uniform_Hispanic
    Pilot_Male_Uniform_Indian
    Pilot_Female_Glider
    Pilot_Male_Glider
    Pilot_Female_Military
    Pilot_Male_Military

they may also be in the [GENERAL] section too so also change those but I think that they are from when the sim was first release and the [PILOT] section is now the important one.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

SOH-CM-2024
    Thanks to all! I once had a dog and Bingo was his name: B-I-N-G-O!

MISC! Completely overlooked that.

And Priller you were correct for my Blue Angels Cougar. Rob had his default pilot as the Asobo Military pilot, looks much better now., so after I opened the Sim, I went to MISC and switched to default, again BINGO. Now, if only Asobo would create proper World War II pilots in lieu of us having to put jet jockeys in P-38s! Aeroplane Heaven's P-51D Mustang pilot looks great, wonder how one could port him over?

Again, thanks fellows,
    Cazzie

Hey Caz - Richard Bong is smiling at you tonight!!

Don

Caz, in all of the FlyingIron aircraft, there is a tablet that you can find located in the cockpit that will allow you to, among many other things, select between the modern MSFS pilot that you have selected from the MSFS settings, or allow you to use FlyingIron's WWII-geared pilot model.

In the P-38, the tablet is hidden to the left of the pilot's seat. You don't have to go looking for it, though, as you can access the click spot through the seat.

SOH-CM-2024
    [QUOTE=Bomber_12th;1301983]Caz, in all of the FlyingIron aircraft, there is a tablet that you can find located in the cockpit that will allow you to, among many other things, select between the modern MSFS pilot that you have selected from the MSFS settings, or allow you to use FlyingIron's WWII-geared pilot model.]

Many thanks Bomber, I saw the tablet and didn't think anything of it. Will do.

Cazzie

SOH-CM-2024
    There are many forums one can go to for help, but I never go to but one, right here. And I always get the needed info I require, albeit at age 76 I am a touch thick headed at times. You people are the greatest.

Happy Thanksgiving to us Yanks,
    Caz

Happy Thanksgiving back at you!

LouP

Members who have read this thread: 0