Changing older missions

Thread: Changing older missions

Changing older missions

I would like to play some older missions with the newer, (UT"s) scenery. In mission one of the "Battle of the Bismarck Sea" my aircraft, (TR_Boston) spawn with the right wing embedded in an aircraft revetment. The aircraft explodes of course when trying to taxi out. Is there any way to move the initial spawn to a slightly different location by making a change in the mission file?
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Yes, Stoney. I think the anwer an be found in Cody Coyote's Mission builder Handbook, pg 146 Chapter fifteen – how to take off from any spot on the planet

Cheers:

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    I would like to play some older missions with the newer, (UT"s) scenery. In mission one of the "Battle of the Bismarck Sea" my aircraft, (TR_Boston) spawn with the right wing embedded in an aircraft revetment. The aircraft explodes of course when trying to taxi out. Is there any way to move the initial spawn to a slightly different location by making a change in the mission file?
    open the mission file in notepad, find the player aircraft (your Boston) and below this will be it's waypoints, with latitude and longitude for the initial waypoint, where the aircraft will spawn. If it is spawned on the ground then these co-ordinates should match a runway that will be detailed towards the bottom of the same mission file. This runway will also have a heading in degrees. You can edit the heading and/or the latitude/longitude to adjust the starting point, or you can adjust the take-off start position (is probably the easiest, but may need the heading adjusted as well). Save a copy before you start editing!!

will look something like this

[unit.9]
    id=9516
    type_id=3822
    is_player_aircraft=1
    allegiance=10
    skill=3
    aggression=1
    payload=0

[waypoint_path.5]
    id=5000
    waypoint.0=2,1,S14* 17.29',E126* 38.07',+0,,,,0,,8114,0,1

[runway.2]
    id=8114
    heading=285
    units_across=2
    base_lat=S14* 17.29'
    base_lon=E126* 38.07'
    base_alt=+66
    takeoff_start_pos=-400,0
    takeoff_stop_pos=1600,200
    landing_start_pos=5000,350
    landing_touchdown_pos=400,0
    landing_stop_pos=-250,0

Shadow Wolf, would you please (if possible) give me a link to that mission builders handbook, so I can download it on my tablet?

Thanks,

hertzie.

That's great! Thanks guys.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Alternative is to slightly move the offending revetment, or replace it with a larger one?

Blog Entries
    I fixed it. I converted the revetment into the Swedish Bikini Team. Unfortunately I crashed too because I was busy looking at them instead of keeping my eye on where i was going.

Members who have read this thread: 0