P3DV4+ OV-10 Bronco Air Attack Pack

Thread: P3DV4+ OV-10 Bronco Air Attack Pack

P3DV4+ OV-10 Bronco Air Attack Pack

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Civilian aircraft

Description: The OV-10 Bronco has flown in various services and countries since the late 1960s. In the 1990s the Bronco was introduced into the role as being an air tactical aircraft for aerial firefighting. This package consists of 4 variations of civilianized OV-10 Broncos flown by the Bureau of Land Management, California Dept. of Forestry, and then Cal Fire. The base aircraft is from Tim "Piglet" Conrad and was updated to 4k textures, PBR, bump maps by George Arana. The air attack versions were modified and created by me however. But based on George Atana's extensive base updates. The package includes the standard OV-10A with 3-blade propeller and an external tanked version. The two others are of the current configuration of Cal Fire's OV-10s with the 5-blade propeller and early Cal Fire service OV-10D with 4-blade propeller. The paints included are for the Bureau of Land Management scheme flown on N97LM, CDF AA330 flown out of Ramona AAB, AA310 flown out of Hemet, and lastly AA505 home based out of McClellan AAB, Cal Fire's HQ. In addition to the extensive external updates, I have also modified the interior slightly to represent the civilianized Broncos somewhat. I have also made custom sounds for the OV-10s as each version of the different prop and engine Broncos makes each version sound slightly different than one another. The OV-10 has served as an air tactical platform for aerial firefighting since the 1990s and continues to serve with Cal Fire currently with numerous updates. Aircraft is only compatible in P3Dv4 or newer sims. Cal Fire's current fleet repaint pack is also planned in the future. Original aircraft by Tim Conrad, P3Dv4 conversion George Arana (Eurostar350), Air Attack Conversions by Nicholas Mitchell (Scorch00).

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P3DV4+ OV-10 Bronco Air Attack Pack
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I've been following George's work on this on his Facebook page so nice to see it released. However, not certain what's going on with the bitmaps (don't use bitmaps for FSX or P3D), however after trying 2 different conversion programs that I've used successfully for years to convert from extended bitmaps to dds/dxt5, these bitmaps remain untouched. The program processes them but no results. I'm left with the same bitmaps and no dds?

Also, on the BLM version the interior texture (ov10a_03) was left out of the texture folder. . .and the panel line layer wasn't flipped to match the bump map layer. Easy fixes but thought I'd let you know.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I've been following George's work on this on his Facebook page so nice to see it released. However, not certain what's going on with the bitmaps (don't use bitmaps for FSX or P3D), however after trying 2 different conversion programs that I've used successfully for years to convert from extended bitmaps to dds/dxt5, these bitmaps remain untouched. The program processes them but no results. I'm left with the same bitmaps and no dds?

Also, on the BLM version the interior texture (ov10a_03) was left out of the texture folder. . .and the panel line layer wasn't flipped to match the bump map layer. Easy fixes but thought I'd let you know.

Well that's strange. I didn't have issues with them doing that at all. In retrospect I should have probably converted them to .dds files outright during the process since these are for P3D only anyway. Something I will change when I do the Cal Fire fleet repaint pack will be to do the whole set in .dds. Much appreciated on the info on the BLM set too. I may just go back in and convert the lot in the pack now all to .dds sometime today and see if I can replicate it. If it goes well on my end I can just package it up and PM you a link to my google drive for the .dds files for them.

Edit: I actually just went in to see if I could do an override and I actually did end up replicating this, I think. I tried a file override save as a .dds and it plopped it back in as a .bmp instead of it actually changing it to a .dds. So I fixed it by loading the texture outright in my paint editor and saving it separately as a .dds and it worked. So I'm not sure if that's something with the program or a recent windows update did something or what. But I am able to convert the whole set to .dds now. Albeit slowly.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Members who have read this thread: 3