joystick null zone settings

Thread: joystick null zone settings

joystick null zone settings

Anyone have any tips on how to use the null zone settings. My Thrustmaster 1600 is sure twitchy. I get close to a target and try to follow and it moves too much too quick

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    Anyone have any tips on how to use the null zone settings. My Thrustmaster 1600 is sure twitchy. I get close to a target and try to follow and it moves too much too quick
    What do you mean by "twitchy"? - The Thrustmaster 1600 can have issues with the rudder control?

You're probably are referring to joystick sensitivity (scale), and not the null zone. The null zone simply makes the joystick not respond until it is moved a certain amount. The joystick sensitivity makes the 'virtual' joystick movement in the game respond at a more or less amount than the actual joystick movement.

I'm not sure offhand what the settings are called in the game's menu, but the entries in the CFS2.cfg file will look something like this:

[JOYSTICK_MAIN {########-####-####-####-############}]
    AXIS_EVENT_00=AXIS_AILERONS_SET
    AXIS_SCALE_00=127
    AXIS_NULL_00=1
    AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET
    AXIS_SCALE_01=127
    AXIS_NULL_01=1
    AXIS_EVENT_05=AXIS_RUDDER_SET
    AXIS_SCALE_05=127
    AXIS_NULL_05=1
    AXIS_EVENT_06=AXIS_THROTTLE_SET
    AXIS_SCALE_06=127
    AXIS_NULL_06=1

For a Thrustmaster T.16000M you will probably want to have the null zone at the lowest ("0"), although I have mine set at "1" (due to all of the hard flying that I've done with it, it doesn't center as well as it used to LOL).

RWILLS
    Im not sure. Ill have to pay better atttention. I have been using it for a while. This is the second one.. Both are amber lighted. I forgot what kind of problem I had with the first one. It wasn't very old .Neither have been used that much. I still have trouble with having to trim nose up for level flight on almost every a/c. There are some that that's not a problem. Now figure that!
    I sure do miss the MS joystck. I wore it out!

You can also adjust the Controller sensitivities in the Sim through the Settings button in the Main Menu.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ter%20position.

Members who have read this thread: 1