Dragon Won't take off

Thread: Dragon Won't take off

Dragon Won't take off

I have downloaded msfs 40th aniversary and I have the new Dragon Rapide but it won't leave the ground. The trim wheel moves in the cockpit but the plane just keeps accelerating and crashes into buildings etc. All other planes are OK. Any suggestions?
    Geejo

I can't think of any reason it won't take off. I haven't tried it since the update, but I'll give it try this evening and see how it goes.

I had the same problem but it was only in 'Legacy'. Changed to Modern and can take off OK.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Dragon Rapide
    Hmmm, I did not get one of those with my 40th. Edition download!

I do have a nagging problem ever since the 40th. Edition... it keeps telling me to return to the Installation Management page to install essential packages update:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (33).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	88949

....and if I click on it to install it goes back to the Installation Manager page and hangs up, with no way to escape except to "Ctrl + Alt + Del" and close with task manager:

Name:	Screenshot (38).jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	88950

If I go up to the little bell notification thing and try to install or close the notification, I get the same scenario as described above:

Name:	Screenshot (34).jpg 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	88951

The only way out of this mess for me is to click on Update Later or click on Switch to Offline!

There have been no reports of this over at the Zendesk Forum, I've been looking ....

There has to be a file somewhere on my MSFS install that is telling the simulation that the install is not complete. There is no file hiding in my "D:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore" or my "D:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community" folders. I'm gonna go and read some more about what is included in the 40th. Edition.

I apologize for steering this topic of course from the original posters' comments.

- Don

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    Because it's a freeware addon available here in the warbirds library!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post

I do have a nagging problem ever since the 40th. Edition... it keeps telling me to return to the Installation Management page to install essential packages update:

Name:	Screenshot (33).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	88949

....and if I click on it to install it goes back to the Installation Manager page and hangs up, with no way to escape except to "Ctrl + Alt + Del" and close with task manager:

Name:	Screenshot (38).jpg 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	88950

If I go up to the little bell notification thing and try to install or close the notification, I get the same scenario as described above:

Name:	Screenshot (34).jpg 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	88951

The only way out of this mess for me is to click on Update Later or click on Switch to Offline!

There have been no reports of this over at the Zendesk Forum, I've been looking ....

There has to be a file somewhere on my MSFS install that is telling the simulation that the install is not complete. There is no file hiding in my "D:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore" or my "D:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community" folders. I'm gonna go and read some more about what is included in the 40th. Edition.

I apologize for steering this topic of course from the original posters' comments.

- Don
    Don, I noticed you mentioned "D:\XboxGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community". I am assuming that is not the drive where MS normally downloads the game. Otherwords, it is not you Windows drive. I too, use a different drive than my "C:\ Windows" drive. On occasion, I have seen where MSFS attemptes to download updates to to the official C:\Users\NAME\AppData...Packages location. If it does, it can mess up the application. When this happens I manually direct it to my D:\Simulators drive location.

One time I didn't redirect and I had issues that were only solved by deleting and reinstalling MSFS. Make sure this isn't an issue with your installation.

Oh, how many ways can MSFS sim get F$&ked up? I count myself to sleep counting.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

@ jmig,

Correct that is my pathway for all of my addon packages.

My MSFS main install is on this pathway: C:\Users\Flame\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Fl ightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Again, I went over to the Bug report section of the MSFS Forum, and I found this post from Aug. 2021:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...ain/427269/349

So, I looked for my Content.xml location: C:/Users/Flame/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/Content.xml and all of my Content is marked as active="true" />

Name:	Screenshot (59).jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	88962

I'm still pulling the short straw on this one. I can fly with MSFS all day long, it's just the annoying little extra steps of hitting that Update Later button.

- Don

Sorry that screenshot came out blurry.

Legacy/ modern

Quote Originally Posted by simondix View Post
    I had the same problem but it was only in 'Legacy'. Changed to Modern and can take off OK.
    I cannot find that switch since 40th Anniversary Update. Can you help please..

@ Geejo,

With MSFS running at the start up screen, go to Options/General Options/Flight Model. Click the on that center bar at the top and change to Legacy or back to Modern if you prefer, and "Yes" if you want to switch flight model.

Name:	Screenshot (79).jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	89087

- Don

Members who have read this thread: 0