Missions & Scenery for 31 Squadron RAAF - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missions & Scenery for 31 Squadron RAAF

Good info Kevin. I never thought about MB lowering the user settings on its own, but we know CFS2 can be "quirky"

Library Staff
    Here is a fuselage texture for Beaufighter MkIC A19-47 of RAAF 31 Squadron 1942-1943.

You will need the Beaufighter IC ns (no spinner) of RAAF 30 Squadron by William Dickens (bismarck13) and Oldwheat.
    Attached Files Attached Files

an initial effort at a campaign for the Beaufighters of 31 Squadron. 12 missions from Nov 1942 to Nov 1943. Still needs a lot of work to improve the scenery etc from Timor to the Aru Islands especially. Besides the stock aircraft, I've used Beaufighter Mk1Cns, and also A6M2N_Rufe, BSK_Spitfire_Mkvc, F1M2, mz-e13a1, mz-ki45-h, and BR KI21 Sally Attachment 91831

May I make the suggestion to formally upload the campaign so it will be permanently available in the library for folks?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    May I make the suggestion to formally upload the campaign so it will be permanently available in the library for folks?

Here's a 17 mission campaign that's a lot improved. I'll leave it here as an attachment for a while (feedback?) before looking at uploading it. I'll aim to slowly improve the scenery. This Campaign works best with the original CFS2 terrain mesh at the moment. Attachment 91857

I did find the Beaufighter cannon were too far forward (weight location) so moved them back, which improved the handling a lot.

Really enjoying these missions RWILLS, love flying the Beaufighter! Thanks!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

additional basic runway for Drysdale, where a few of the missions are flown from, and a few others around the Coomalie area - Hughes, Livingstone, Batchelor. (There are some nice MR airfields for Darwin, Batchelor and Livingstone but they don't seem to be at anywhere near the correct height relative to the surrounding terrain, with Batchelor especially looking like it's on top of a mountain.) I''ve managed to find the correct location of the wreck of the Maroubra which was sunk at Milingimbi during the 1943-5-10 attacks, so will update that mission. Also I will need to update the Spitfires used so they have the correct armament (2 x 20mm instead of 4 x 20mm!) 31sqdron_airfields2.zip

AH..how to do actually install of all this? * confused emoji *

Quote Originally Posted by Ruddman View Post
    AH..how to do actually install of all this? * confused emoji *
    It will take me a while to knock up some sort of install guide, but initially just copy all of the mission files (.mis and .dyn files) into your cfs2/CAMPAIGNS folder, along with the .cmg file. It's also a good idea to put the mission miles into your cfs2/MISSIONS folder so you can see which ones work and which ones require you to install additional aircraft/ships/scenery etc. All the mis and dyn files will open in notepad, and can be edited, - so for example, you could change any of the aircraft, ships, scenery to suit what you already have installed.

Also make sure you have the country.cfg file with Australia as [country.10]

Here's a list of the aircraft and ships used;

stock A6M2_Zero
    stock G4M2_Betty
    stock B25D_MITCHELL
    Beaufighter MkICns
    BR2 KI21 Sally
    A6M2N_Rufe
    BSK_Spitfire_MkVC (I will probably replace this later)
    mz-ki45-h
    mz-e13a1
    F1M2
    BR2 Ki-27 Nate
    ki-48

HMAS_Bathurst_Class_MS_LOD
    SS_Alagna
    HMAS_Wilcannia_PB
    HMAS_Kuru_PB_LOD
    assorted stock ships

trees I've mostly used;
    LW_Coconut_palm_D1
    LW_Boabab_tree_D1

I'll get a more detailed list of buildings etc, but for starters;
    LW_Revetment_D1
    AF_Overhead_Cvr_Bamboo
    AF_Overhead_Cvr_PalmFrn
    CD_Barracks_Small_Bergen
    CD_Hangar_Ypenburg
    CD_WaterTower
    jptroop_nibbio
    LW_BARRACKS_D4

I'm new. None of that makes sense to me. * headache emoji *

Quote Originally Posted by Ruddman View Post
    I'm new. None of that makes sense to me. * headache emoji *
    Have a go at just installing the Beaufighter for the campaign first then?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...73&linkid=6859

some links for other aircraft

A6M2N_Rufe http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=5321&doit=Go

BSK spitfires - I can't find a specific download, but they are in the Tuskegee Airmen Campaign (part 1)

RAAF spitfire skins for BSK http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=5&pp=20

mz-e13a1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=9687&doit=Go

mz-ki45-h http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=17996

revised 18 mission campaign attached with assorted improvements.31 Squadron RAAF Campaign 18 missions.zip

The missions over Timor (Penfui, Fuiloro) have a fair bit of hand editing as Mission Builder quite often struggles with the terrain elevations and tries to force the aircraft to fly higher.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

31 Squadron RAAF

KDriver and others:

Several months ago, there post about a campaign/Missions for 31 Squadron RAAF. There were several missions posted I copied these down and I added several missions to my download of Maskrider Australia 2024. Has this mission/campaign available for download. If so where can I find it? I would like to add several airfields he used that are in the Book Darwin Spitfires. I have everything except the textures of the airfields.

Mack (Braveheart)

Library Staff
    Hi Mack,

This project is definitely not forgotten. Aussie has done a number of northern Australia airfields while I have been working on Strauss, Hughes and Truscott. The GSL scenery needs to be added to mine, along with R. Wills' Coomalie Creek, Millingimbi and Drysdale.

Which airfields have you done? If you would like to send me a PM with your address, I can send you what I have.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Last edited by kdriver; April 11th, 2024 at 07:24.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

Australia

KDriver:

I really would like to receive your Spitfire airfields. If your have them I would like to receive copies of millingimbi and Drysdale. I have Coomalie Creek, but no scenery. Do I use the recent upgrades of Dutch East Indies by Maskrider ? My email if lmcdonald18@comcast.net. What about the Aru Scenery? Thanks for your help.

Mack

- - - Updated - - -

KDriver:

I really would like to receive your Spitfire airfields. If your have them I would like to receive copies of millingimbi and Drysdale. I have Coomalie Creek, but no scenery. Do I use the recent upgrades of Dutch East Indies by Maskrider ? My email if lmcdonald18@comcast.net. What about the Aru Scenery? Thanks for your help.

Mack

Library Staff
    Mack,

Drysdale and Millingimbi are on the first page of this thread, while I'll email you Strauss and Hughes, along with some information on these fields. I haven't had a chance to do any GSL scenery, but if you want to have a crack at it you're welcome.

I'm using MaskRider's latest Dutch East Indies scenery dated 2019 as well as the DEI airfields done by Onnogras and Arndt (Aru and Merauke). R. Wills has redone Penfui in this thread.

Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 41