Just Flight PT-17 Stearman

Thread: Just Flight PT-17 Stearman

SOH-CM-2024

Just Flight PT-17 Stearman

A new Update for the above has been released by Just Flight. If you have the airplane, go to Just Flight and redownload and reinstall it.

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    A new Update for the above has been released by Just Flight. If you have the airplane, go to Just Flight and redownload and reinstall it.

Cazzie
    Same with the Concorde. Both need to be v1.0.5 now, basically for SU11 compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    Same with the Concorde. Both need to be v1.0.5 now, basically for SU11 compatibility.
    wait for a fix,the new version one model is messed up!
    they work on a fix

Just got an update for mine. Looks and flies wonderfully. A great slow cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by HFBHercules1280 View Post
    Just got an update for mine. Looks and flies wonderfully. A great slow cruiser.
    Was this today? No notification here yet, purchased it through Just Flight. The update last week had the weird bugs.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Anyone sees his/her student in the front seat from the VC ??....

Both pilot and student/pax figures are there in external view but the student seems to have jumped out when viewed from the VC... Used to be fine before the update... (also, in external close-up view both figures dissappear..)

Are you seeing this too ?

Also, does the real Stearman have no aileron/rudder trim ?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Anyone sees his/her student in the front seat from the VC ??....Both pilot and student/pax figures are there in external view but the student seems to have jumped out when viewed from the VC... Used to be fine before the update... (also, in external close-up view both figures dissappear..)Are you seeing this too ?Also, does the real Stearman have no aileron/rudder trim ?Thanks!
    you have identified several of the bugs in the recent update. A number of items noted in the MSFS forums. The developer has the flu, so it will be a while before these items are fixed.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I never saw the pupil in the VC either, even before the update.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Thanks dvj, dh!

For me, looking at the back of the head of my student/passenger, like in a tandem cockpit config, is actually the only way to give me sort of a 'not being alone' feeling up there in the great blue yonder, provided it is animated of course. (if i would still be in business of FS aircraft modeling (i'm still looking at my NF N2N Yellow Peril in 3dsMax every once in a while.. ;-) i'd probabely go as far as have him/her more or less turn his/her head towards me..;-).

While MSFS default pilot figures are modeled very well, a second officer sitting next to you in the VC doesn't work that way. He/she will always look dead as a doornail.

So hopefully Dean will find a way to get the student/passenger figure back into the frontseat of the Stearman. Looks great in the Tiger Moth !

While MSFS default pilot figures are modeled very well, a second officer sitting next to you in the VC doesn't work that way. He/she will always look dead as a doornail.
    When I fly planes that have the default pilot models in the copilot seat, they're animated. It's the dynamic passengers that are added by weight entries that might as well be creepy store dummies. The strange part is when you look behind the sunglasses of your copilot and see blacked out corneas!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    When I fly planes that have the default pilot models in the copilot seat, they're animated.
    Really ??.. Animated how ?

I'd be interested to see that. Can't remember having seen an animated co-pilot figure sitting next to me ever. You mean just now, with the 40th anniversary new aircraft ? Or ever since MSFS exists ?

Thanks !

Really ??.. Animated how ?

I'd be interested to see that. Can't remember having seen an animated co-pilot figure sitting next to me ever. You mean just now, with the 40th anniversary new aircraft ? Or ever since MSFS exists ?

Thanks !
    I see them moving!

LouP

A few of my fav's have the copilot visible from inside, such as the Kodiak and the DA62X modded Diamond. They use the same animated pilot model seen from the outside, so they're animated. But if I fly the Tundra interior Kodiak and add weight to the pax stations in the weight page, that's when I get the creepy static models that look like something from a really cheap wax museum.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    A few of my fav's have the copilot visible from inside, such as the Kodiak and the DA62X modded Diamond. They use the same animated pilot model seen from the outside, so they're animated. But if I fly the Tundra interior Kodiak and add weight to the pax stations in the weight page, that's when I get the creepy static models that look like something from a really cheap wax museum.
    I'd had them look out their windows in the first place.. ;-)

I don't have the Kodiak myself (not a turboprop fan and looking at one (real) computer monitor is enough for me..), fantastic model surely and i see now what you mean with the animated co-pilot. But, as far as i can see, just the head, right? I do think that MSFS airport crew looks very good, animated and all. Still think, about human figures inside our aeroplanes, better left to our imagination for the moment.

Thanks, Tom.

Yep - head only except in the rare case that the hands and feet may be linked to the flight controls, but I have yet to see that happen. My copilot generally sits with her hands in her lap while she watches the world around her. But that's good enough for me, since I just like to have her there as company to keep me from being lonely in the air!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

PT-17 Stearman already updated to v1.0.6 (available in Justflight anyway).

SOH-CM-2024
    Just got it, will give her a go.

Cazzie

SOH-CM-2024
    Wonderful, but be ever so gentile on those brakes fellows.

Cazzie

Members who have read this thread: 0