AH Avro Lancaster

Thread: AH Avro Lancaster

AH Avro Lancaster

It looks like they're not idle. It was actually talked about once. There will be Avro Lancaster from Aeroplane Heaven for MSFS.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Brilliant news. thanks for the HU YoYo!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

They published a little more screenshots, you can notice it here for example: https://fselite.net/content/aeroplan...aster-preview/ . However without windsheld it looks really poor, WIP I know.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

“Wow, 1,935 things that look incredible!”

”Yeah, but look at that one thing!”

Sigh. Ah, forums.

Anyway, super-excited for this. Really hope to someday see a Wellington too (my great uncle flew them for the RCAF), but it’s gonna be fun to hear four Merlins purring in unison, and the detail looks amazing! I remember flying a Lanc for the first time in some early-90’s flight sim, that had untextured, colored polygons….

The FSX First Class Simulations Lanc ports acceptably to MSFS and it includes the postwar RCAF SAR versions, but I am fully on board for a new Lanc done to MSFS standards.

August

Lancaster recived glass .

Looks very nice with some external models.

Looks damn nice, period!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Lancaster recived glass .Looks very nice with some external models.
    love the idea of a "Lanc" in MSFS2020 , just a bit puzzled by the shape of the nose turret, looks a bit pointed at the top of the glazing ??

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    love the idea of a "Lanc" in MSFS2020 , just a bit puzzled by the shape of the nose turret, looks a bit pointed at the top of the glazing ??
    I think there's some distortion in the bottom picture, which might account for it. Look at the large size of the canopy compared to the nose and depth of the fuselage. Also, the small size of the AEC Matador fuel bowser - something wrong there too. I think it's just distortion.

It's the main problem with drone cameras. They are too wide angle and distort everything madly. A lens focal length choice would be a great idea for the drone and dev cameras. I might suggest it to MS.

Not wanting to be a nitpicker here, Baz, just overly enthusiastic about AH bringing the Lancaster to MSFS !

Just wanted to mention to please be careful with the bumpyness of the fuselage skinplating. It's not like all over the fuselage, just a few layers at the upper area and f.i not all the way down to the front. You wouldn't want it to look like an air mattrass, although that would be nice and light and soft for the crew..

It can also depend on the point of view and light how much of it will show up. In this particular case you might want to think about less is better ?... ( i can imagine it has something to do with the kind of riveting and frames setup that is used and may not be similar across the whole fuselage ?....)

Looking forward to the Lanc, Baz ! What's not to like about sitting in between a concert for four Merlins ! Thanks a lot and well done !

Early days mate, early days..

I hear you brother, sorry for being overly concerned.. ;-)

No worries. Just as a bit of advice to anybody modeling support vehicles and equipment for an aeroplane: Take your pilot and drop him into the cab. If he fits the seat and his hands reach the steering wheel, your vehicle is the correct scale for the aircraft you are modelling. Our pilots (for the last 20 years) have always been modeled at 180cm when standing. They stay that way irrespective of the aircraft we model.

If you set the zoom on the drone cam to about 90 and then back away, it significantly reduces the distortion.

Members who have read this thread: 2