Lionheart's Trinidad TB 21GT in Marketplace won't install

Thread: Lionheart's Trinidad TB 21GT in Marketplace won't install

Lionheart's Trinidad TB 21GT in Marketplace won't install

Hi all,

After completing the 40th anniv update, I purchased the Lionheart Trinidad TB 21GT from the marketplace, but it won't install.

I've restarted the sim multiple times, but the install keeps failing. Any ideas?

The other Lionheart aircraft I own all installed fine; the Quickie Q-200 and Bucker B-131 Jungmann.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Since it's a Marketplace purchase, any issues will need to go to the Zendesk people. https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

ok, thanks
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Are you getting an error message? What happens exactly when you try to install it?

Question

Did you look in the Content Manager ?

I'm installing it from the Content Manager. It downloads, extracts, then goes immediately to redownloading.

I checked the trouble shooting tips at the zendesk. It says to uninstall/delete the folder in the Community folder, but the marketplace doesn't install there, it installs to the official/ onestore folder. However, it isn't there. The other two LHC folders are. So, apparently the extraction process isn't creating the folder.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Move your community folder to the desktop temporarily. Then go into the Official\OneStore (or Steam) folder and look for anything that's not a folder and delete it. If it's there, it will be something with an oddball extension. Sorting by date modified will make it easier to find.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Nothing new there, just a folder named .fscontent which is empty, and dated to last download attempt, just before typing this. Computer was shut down overnight.

I tried moving this folder, it was recreated with new attempt. Then I tried removing both package folders, cut/paste to desktop, so now MSFS is downloading all new. I had to make new folders on another SSD, as my C: drive did not have enough room for another 123.25GB download, since my content folder was moved to desktop. My Community folder is on another SSD, using Link Junction program. When program finishes downloading, I will try installing the Trinidad as 1st download from marketplace. Will update when downloads finish. I have a 1GB cable connection, so...
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

I was having the same problem with the update for Japan in the Content Manager last Friday: the download
    would run for a bit, and then restart again. This happened a few times. I then decided tom wait a day (to
    yesterday), tried again, and the download went through just fine.

So it may be that's there's nothing wrong on your end, it might just be that the Marketplace servers are
    overloaded with all the requests for updates and products on sale. As long as the Trinidad is showing ready to
    download in your Content Manager, you can download it at any time.

-RobM

PS: I sometimes wonder just exactly how many MSFS users there are, both casual and regular, PC and Xbox, all
    trying to download the latest free updates and sales products, all at the same time.....

@RobM,

This is my plan, if this doesn't work. I'll just wait a few days before trying again.

actually, the Trinidad had been in my Market, purchased, but not downloaded for some time. However, I haven't flown the sim for some months, just keeping it updated, due to r/l circumstances, and just didn't realize I hadn't downloaded it yet. Found it after getting some of the on-sale items. So, I don't really know if this problem is caused by the SU11 update, or something else. We'll see. even with a 1GB connection, I'm still only 60% after 4 hours.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

After finishing the redownload of the updated sim, I downloaded the Trinidad first. Same problem. It downloads all 3 parts, extracts the first two parts, then gets about 3/4 of the way through the 3rd part, pauses for about 10 seconds, then immediately starts redownloading, and completely, suddenly, loses what was downloaded. I am going to report to the zendesk, as well as to Bill Ortiz at Lionheart Creations. Bill has always been real quick to reply when something goes wrong.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Did you ever find a solution to this install problem? I purchased this plane at the marketplace black Friday sale. I t does the exact same thing, downloads, decompresses then immediately starts the download over again. It does this repeatedly. All my other purchases work perfectly. I've tried all the suggestions above, and contacted Bill at Lionheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk263 View Post
    Did you ever find a solution to this install problem? I purchased this plane at the marketplace black Friday sale. I t does the exact same thing, downloads, decompresses then immediately starts the download over again. It does this repeatedly. All my other purchases work perfectly. I've tried all the suggestions above, and contacted Bill at Lionheart.
    I haven't heard back from Bill yet. I tried all the suggestions at the MSFS FAQ site, but haven't asked in the forum, yet.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

This looks strictly like a Marketplace problem, I see no point in asking Lionheart about it (I might be wrong, of course).
    Anyhow, it's not the first time I've seen problems in the Marketplace whereas the same products worked OK everywehere else.
    I bought my Socata Trinidad from Justflight and everything works OK, in addition to their excellent and permanent update info.

Bill emailed my back saying that apparently SU11 broke several other planes too and missions, so we're at the mercy of Microsoft getting the problem fixed.

Isn't it strange that these things don't happen to things that don't come out of the marketplace? Just saying...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

From Bill:

Hey Tom. I've been working with a Asobo for a week this started occurring. It was broken by the su-11 update. They have been testing a new build all day yesterday and hope to have an emergency patch out for it today. That's what I was told yesterday evening. They didn't even know what was breaking it. It was fine before the update came out.

I wasn't even allowed to update it until they figured out what was wrong, but by a miracle I was able to bypass and send in an update. They are working with that and so far it's been working. So hopefully today the update will be released. I just got into the office, so in a bit I should be finding out hopefully some details. This has been quite embarrassing. Nothing I can do on my end except set on my hands and wait. At least I was able to push forward the update on that aircraft with some fixes to what might be the issue also done to it.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    From Bill:

Received basically the same notice from Bill. After starting the sim, it started doing some more updates, but still wouldn't properly download the Trinidad. The marketplace was even grayed out. Did a restart, the marketplace was working, and it showed the Trinidad as downloaded. However, I couldn't find it. Turns out the title does not describe the known title of the aircraft. Its title is "LHC SA LHC Turbo GT." I mentioned this to Bill when I replied to his note.

Sorry, didn't take any screenshots, but the aircraft is up to Bill's usual beautiful standards. A quick circuit around KSEE Gillespie in San Diego showed the aircraft handled well, and looks great.

Thanks for this, Bill
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Update fixed it on my end too. I had just enough time to load it up and take a quick look at the cockpit, beautiful inside and out. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to do some flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk263 View Post
    Update fixed it on my end too. I had just enough time to load it up and take a quick look at the cockpit, beautiful inside and out. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to do some flying.
    All seems to be working okay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-29 155553.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	519.2 KB 
ID:	89101

Members who have read this thread: 0