Any tips

Thread: Any tips

Blog Entries

Any tips

Any tips on cleaning up the panel bitmaps so no black spotty residue around the edges of the panel? I thought about using a alpha channel in behind but dxt wants to resize my panel on its own to 1024 * 1024 instead of keeping it at 1024*768. Fspanel studio cleans it up a good bit but not perfect. Thanks in advance and I have a great Dauntless with over thirty load outs green ghost gauge exhaust, midway texture by easy kill with Jack Rackhams flag logo for nose art. Looks really good. Panel is really nice just those edges. Walnut wood finish with black stained wood dash.

The clear windows are painted with 0,0,0 RGB black. All the rough ragged edges are the paint program attempting to blend the adjacent colors of any but but a perfectly straight line, into a a color gradation that to the human eye, looks like a clear line. CFS2 can't read those subtle gradations between the 0,0,0 black and adjacent colors, and so shows them as black.

The closest you can come to ridding those ragged edges is to change all of those colors close to the 0,0,0 black (i.e. like 0,8,0 0,6,12 0,16,8 etc.) to the 0,0,0 black. Either by identifying them one by one - a tedious process - or drawing a line of 0,0,0 black along the edge of each window frame (note this will only work when you are already have the image reduced to 256 colors)
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Blog Entries
    Thanks for taking the time to reply Captain Kurt. That last panel knocked me down with a swift upper cut under the chin and now he tagged this panel to come in with a chair to finish me off while I'm laying down unconscious on the ring floor. Anyway I appreciate your advice. I know people are saying Geeze where did this nutcase come from. To me if we all did the same thing why even bother doing it. My strength is looking at something an finding a way to make it look unique but without being a eyesore. In this case you can picture the pilot of this plane having a pinup girl looking like she is swinging in through the cockpit with a beer can dust shied over the sight mechanism and just think no matter if this is real or not it certainly fits a young man in service and looks as American as a Ford Mustang or Chevy Corvette and Grandma's Apple Pie. At least that's my opinion but others may think I'm a card shy of having a full deck . Maybe so but they are missing out on a lot of fun.

what paint program are you using?? - this looks like pixelated lines vs beziere curve issues - can be fixed with photoshop

Blog Entries
    Photofiltre

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwind View Post
    Photofiltre
    I have fixed many of these type of issues using PhotoShop, which is expensive (I have a subscription) but very good at making smooth curves. If you want, post your basic cockpit panel (no guages etc, just the background bitmap) and I will see if I can help. It's up to you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Mike and by the way I’ve been called that too. I think I’m gonna use this panel because the other one has lighter wood and some gauges didn’t show up well as they did on this one. This one I kept getting holes in the dash as it wanted to transparent spots here and there.

https://imgbb.com/9sQWjmJ

This has more work to do, but see if it is starting to show improvement. I do not have CFS, but I tried it in an FSX test. Don't worry about the antenna, that will come later.

Also, you have some transparent spots in your panel because the black/grey panel has some pure black in it.

As a note, constant editing of a bmp in and by itself starts to degrade an image. Using Photoshop and resaving to a new bitmap prevents that.

Anyway, see attached and let me know.

See here -
    http://www.wnymoaa.org/index_htm_fil...24C%20Test.bmp

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    This has more work to do, but see if it is starting to show improvement. I do not have CFS, but I tried it in an FSX test. Don't worry about the antenna, that will come later.

Also, you have some transparent spots in your panel because the black/grey panel has some pure black in it.

As a note, constant editing of a bmp in and by itself starts to degrade an image. Using Photoshop and resaving to a new bitmap prevents that.

Anyway, see attached and let me know.

See here -
    http://www.wnymoaa.org/index_htm_fil...24C%20Test.bmp

Thanks your a big help and certainly deserve credit for help with the panel. This is what it looked liked when I was sitting on a runway in the Philippines until some bargirl came up and told me i was handsome and now i must go to work tonight and pay for that.

https://ibb.co/hfcyhKw

Blog Entries
    I could probably fix the holes in the dash but my paint software might try blending stuff in. Still some streaks around the window edge’s but better than mine. Just do what u can it don’t have to be perfect I could live with it now except those dash holes.

I think I fixed your panel transparency, added the antenna - let me know.

See http://www.wnymoaa.org/index_htm_fil...24E%20Test.bmp

Blog Entries
    Looked great. Thanks very much. I uploaded the aircraft in the CFS2 American planes section. I did give you credit for helping me with the panel in the Read me folder inside the download folder. I know you don't have cfs2 but for those who do go check it out and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwind View Post
    Looked great. Thanks very much. I uploaded the aircraft in the CFS2 American planes section. I did give you credit for helping me with the panel in the Read me folder inside the download folder. I know you don't have cfs2 but for those who do go check it out and let me know what you think.
    Glad it helped. One of the real problems with black / grey mottled cockpits is that some black in the mixtures is hard to eliminate / keep from popping thru as black holes or jagged edges. Lighter greys or even zinc chromate is always much better

Blog Entries
    Thanks for offering to help. It’s people like you I respect and I would gladly return the favor if I can.

Members who have read this thread: 0