Boeing B-50 with PBR for P3Dv4.4+

Thread: Boeing B-50 with PBR for P3Dv4.4+

Boeing B-50 with PBR for P3Dv4.4+

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Military aircraft

Description: Manfred Jahn has very kindly given his permission for me to upload the awesome Boeing B-50 by 'Team 50', converted to take physically-based rendering (PBR) textures for use with P3Dv4.4 and later. For me this really brings to life a wonderful piece of freeware from a truly gifted team of developers, and I hope you like it as much as I do!

The download contains all the original panel and sound files and the conversion is based on Manfred Jahn's original source files. There are nine texture sets showing the aircraft in a number of scheme it carried though its career; texture sets included from the original release have been reworked for PBR and some minor modifications made. The original authors are acknowledged in the aircraft.cfg entries. All such alterations are derived from the original paint kit and texture files by Manfred Jahn, supplied with the original release.

Aside from the necessary alterations to the texturing properties, no other alterations have been made to the .mdl files. All the panel gauges (save for a minor correction to the monitor) and graphics are entirely original and the original read me file specifies the sources and acknowledges the authors.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Boeing B-50 with PBR for P3Dv4.4+
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Lovely plane, but you left out the sound folder. I love the PBR effect.

August

Yap, I can confirm it - aircraft.cfg leads to a "sound=B50", but it is still missing. Thanks for this historic aircraft nevertheless!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Members who have read this thread: 5