Boeing B-50 converted for PBR

Thread: Boeing B-50 converted for PBR

Boeing B-50 converted for PBR

Manfred Jahn has very kindly given me permission to upload a conversion of his B-50 model to take PBR external textures. Just posted in P3D Military Aircraft, there are nine textures, including most of the originals reworked, plus a few others of mine and Jens-Ole's. Personally I think it looks best in P3Dv4.5, but the toned-down propdisk files are worth changing to. As far as I can tell all works properly in v4.5 and 5.3, though somebody is bound to find a glitch...!

Hope you get as much fun out of flying it as I did doing the work!

DaveQ

PS: I know Gordon Madison (gman5240) was working on a conversion in early 2020, but this is a separate project. It's mine, I tell you, ALL MINE!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SS2.jpg  
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

I was trying to do the Vrtvia V-29 merge with the B-50 as per FSFrank #18

I'm using P3D V5.3 HF2

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...50-V1-Released

Somehow, the gauges are missing.

Last edited by gray eagle; November 4th, 2022 at 12:28.

Make sure you have the B-29's gauge .cab file is in the panel folder. You'll find it in the B-29's panel folder.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

DaveQ -Very nice conversion to PBR - a must have to spruce the old girl up! Good work thanks! No problems with the Virtavia VC graft - oh if your doing that don't forget to copy across the sound files and config of your choice.
    Last edited by BendyFlyer; November 4th, 2022 at 17:31.

Just downloading - many thanks for that !!!!
    Best regards, Manfred.

The monitor screen is HUGE....How can the image size be reduced?

[QUOTE=gray eagle;1300636]The monitor screen is HUGE....How can the image size be reduced?

Hey, Butch! Can you click on a corner and move it in to make it smaller? If you want it to be permanent, what does this popup look like in the panel.cfg?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

[QUOTE=MrZippy;1300639]
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    The monitor screen is HUGE....How can the image size be reduced?

Hey, Butch! Can you click on a corner and move it in to make it smaller? If you want it to be permanent, what does this popup look like in the panel.cfg?
    I think I have sorted this. I copied the panel cfg file from V1 and seems it to display the monitor size better.

Edit: anyone have any luck with the start cart showing? Maybe that is a FSX thing. All I see is a folder in V 1 that has a jeep and crew bus in the extra folder (V1).

On the monitor there is a BAT and GPU option, I tried the GPU and nothing happened.

For anyone who doesn't have the original installed, I've posted the missing sound folder in the library. I resized the monitor and GPS pop-ups because I have a UHD monitor and they come out really small, and neglected to put them back before publishing.. Here are the original settings for the panel.cfg file.

[Window03]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=924,150
    pixel_size=924,150
    visible=1
    ident=10001
    //position=2
    window_pos= 0.50, 0.05
    type=special

gauge00=Monitor!mon, 0,0,924,150

//--------------------------------------------------------
    [Window06]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=456,378
    pixel_size=456,378
    //window_size_ratio=1.000
    position=2
    visible=0
    ident=GPS_PANEL
    window_size= 0.500, 0.480
    window_pos= 0.000, 0.090

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,456,378

DaveQ

[QUOTE=gray eagle;1300640]
    Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post

I think I have sorted this. I copied the panel cfg file from V1 and seems it to display the monitor size better.

Edit: anyone have any luck with the start cart showing? Maybe that is a FSX thing. All I see is a folder in V 1 that has a jeep and crew bus in the extra folder (V1).

On the monitor there is a BAT and GPU option, I tried the GPU and nothing happened.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshots.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	946.5 KB 
ID:	88838

It comes up on mine. Press the centre wheel to make it appear and the left or right button to get it to start (P3Dv4.5)

[QUOTE=DaveQ;1300681]
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshots.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	946.5 KB 
ID:	88838

It comes up on mine. Press the centre wheel to make it appear and the left or right button to get it to start (P3Dv4.5)
    Center wheel works the cart. Left/right button no joy. The main landing gear will set the chocks. (P3Dv5.3+)

Thanks Dave

I've also discovered that clicking the mouse pointer on each prop spinner will start that engine.

Often PBR textures add glossiness to painted surfaces but dullen chrome and metal. These PBR textures however highlight the metal surfaces well and look terrific - thank you!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Shrinking monitor screen B50

When ever I load a previous flight in P3D V5 which was one of the B50's sessions, the monitor screen has shrunk. If I start a fresh flight of the B50, then the monitor screen size is ok.

[QUOTE=gray eagle;1300757]When ever I load a previous flight in P3D V5 which was one of the B50's sessions, the monitor screen has shrunk. If I start a fresh flight of the B50, then the monitor screen size is ok.

Oh, Oh! Shrinkage. It must have been in the pool!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Any thoughts on the monitor functionality in P3DV5. It all works for me except the right hand info buttons to bring up the power charts, speeds etc are not functional other than that it all works. I note from the screenshot by greyeagle that his monitor exhibits the same blue squares in this area but clicking on them does not do anything. I checked all the relevant files for the monitor and they are all there and the xml contents seem or look ok to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Any thoughts on the monitor functionality in P3DV5. It all works for me except the right hand info buttons to bring up the power charts, speeds etc are not functional other than that it all works. I note from the screenshot by greyeagle that his monitor exhibits the same blue squares in this area but clicking on them does not do anything. I checked all the relevant files for the monitor and they are all there and the xml contents seem or look ok to me.
    I get the check screen and reference screen to come up but the ref sheet is blank as there's no ref file in the directory.

DaveQ

Ok resolved the data is there you have to click on the Help box (small box with a H on it) in each specific area that then brings up Help and the relevant data for that section is in that section where you see a little gold panel next to an item, such as speeds, stall speeds, engine power setting etc. There is no check list as per the C-47 which you can click on the very right hand column - it seems that was not included. The B50 Check list is in the Kneepad not the Monitor.

Members who have read this thread: 0