MSFS MV-22B Osprey is ready to go

Thread: MSFS MV-22B Osprey is ready to go

MSFS MV-22B Osprey is ready to go

Ok, good news! They finished it and model is out!

https://orbxdirect.com/product/miltech-mv22b-osprey

They released also ships, Amphibious Ready Group:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/miltech-amphib-group
    Last edited by YoYo; November 4th, 2022 at 00:51.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great news, but the price is a bit steep :/

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Im very curious how the pilot handles the power here. As I look at the real interior, there is no classic throttle here or classic collective grip like in helicopters. There must be a mix of both functions in one, such a combo. I wonder how it works. For vertical take-offs the general collective lever is very useful, but for level flight the best option is the throttle of course. I wonder how it is done in the model.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6P3A1399.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	88817

I have watched a few U-Tube reviews on this one this morning. Having been photographing these aircraft out Yuma/Nellis in the past few weeks one thing I can say is that, even on the Utube recordings, the sounds seem very realistic to the real thing.

Ospreys have a unique sound and to me it's such an important part of the sim immersion.

Very tempted.....

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Great news, but the price is a bit steep :/
    Note the main price is in Austrialian Dollar, not US:

$51.35 AUD Sales tax will be calculated at checkout where applicable.

US$32.63 | €33,37 | £29.07

I'm seeing a price close to 40 euros on Orbx ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I'm seeing a price close to 40 euros on Orbx ?
    That would maybe be with taxes?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I was going to purchase it but I cannot because of their limited payment options (I don't use Visa, Mastercard, or AE). No Paypal or other options, I guess that unless this model is made available at another vendor I will be doing without it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Im very curious how the pilot handles the power here. As I look at the real interior, there is no classic throttle here or classic collective grip like in helicopters. There must be a mix of both functions in one, such a combo. I wonder how it works. For vertical take-offs the general collective lever is very useful, but for level flight the best option is the throttle of course. I wonder how it is done in the model.

Really good article on how the aircraft flies https://verticalmag.com/features/201...the-v-22-html/
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Really good article on how the aircraft flies https://verticalmag.com/features/201...the-v-22-html/
    Thanks! I'll check this.

I bought it, shortly after midnight last night. Was so excited to fly it this morning! Beautiful machine, and expected it would be. I was glad to see that VMM-365 Blue Knights was included in the liveries. I had asked Maryadi if he could include it, and he did. Reason I wanted that specific squadron is because I have a friend who is a pilot with them. NC

There is one thing I would like to ask about, which is assigning a joystick buttons to the Nacelle Movement. No problem doing that, but in Maryadi's FSX, and subsequent P3D versions, you could assign a spoiler axis. Am wondering if there is any way to do this in MSFS? Maybe with FSUIPC? NCNevermind. Figured it out. I was able to just select the slider as before. Works good; just need to adjust sensitivity.

After my post, purchased and happy it is very close to the FSX/P3D version, so not a real big learning curve. Went ahead and purchased the additional amphib scenery boats to land on.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    There is one thing I would like to ask about, which is assigning a joystick buttons to the Nacelle Movement. No problem doing that, but in Maryadi's FSX, and subsequent P3D versions, you could assign a spoiler axis. Am wondering if there is any way to do this in MSFS? Maybe with FSUIPC? NCNevermind. Figured it out. I was able to just select the slider as before. Works good; just need to adjust sensitivity.
    Chief, you only need cowlflap 4 decrease and cowlflap 4 increase keys on your joystick or keyboard to move nacelles. I changed normal flaps keys to cowlflaps settings, because models have automatic flaps.

All in all, it works really fine to me. Very smooth and stable. Transition start -> cruise -> landing is working better than in P3D. Vortex Ring is there, very good Wwise sounds and a very good lighting system. It makes a lot of fun. Maryadi did a great job again.

Thomas

I guess the price reflects the cost of previously using the free version in P3D.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I was going to purchase it but I cannot because of their limited payment options (I don't use Visa, Mastercard, or AE). No Paypal or other options, I guess that unless this model is made available at another vendor I will be doing without it.
    ORBX offers Paypal. To the detrement of my bank account.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    ORBX offers Paypal. To the detrement of my bank account.
    I didn't see that option but I will check again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I didn't see that option but I will check again.
    I just verified, interested in purchasing too, but no PayPal noted either. Maybe the Orbx Direct app has the option?

*UPDATE

Just confirmed the Orbx Direct app does indeed have PayPal option. Bought and installing now.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    I just verified, interested in purchasing too, but no PayPal noted either. Maybe the Orbx Direct app has the option?

*UPDATE

Just confirmed the Orbx Direct app does indeed have PayPal option. Bought and installing now.
    Yes, I found it on the Orbx Cental App. Glad I got that sorted. It is a very nice model, more tricky to fly than previous versions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Still very interested in this. A bit pricey, particularly with the SWS Dash 7 getting very close, but it's too novel to ignore. To those people who have it - did you include the Amphibious Ready Group and USS George H W Bush bundles when you bought the Osprey and if so, are they really worth the money long-term ?

Members who have read this thread: 0