QC Location change causing CTD - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QC Location change causing CTD

Hi Flamingskull,
    Yes, Fowlmere is the default location and you should see 'Fowlmere' in game,
    not fowe66 as that's its ID used elsewhere, and if you do, click location again.

But let's quickly go thru the steps from when you
    first click your ETO shortcut and the

MASTERETOSTARTUP is called, he calls
    ..ETOEraSwapper who flips these into proper era
    ......missions
    ......uires
    ......qclocations
    ......splash24b
    then calls
    ..global_layer\ETOGLSwapper who flips
    ......global_layer.csv
    ......gsl.lib
    and finally like most expansions:
    ..cfs3.exe

Now, if it crashes and eras are mixed up, before a re-install, you can try to
    rename missions, uires, qclocations and splash24b files to resemble what
    you see in the global_layer folder. Did it once for PTO RS and got lucky,
    I wish you you luck, too. I guess during MASTERSTARTUP the first batch
    works but the second had a problem and quit. So undo the first.

Problem not the Appdata uisel.xml file
    it's CFS3 ETO Expansion folder
    Last edited by FireStorm II; November 17th, 2022 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingskull5000 View Post
    I've swapped to Era 5 and I don't have 1945 in my Global Layer folder, so that's a good thing. In the Uisel.xml file QC Airbase ID is Fowe66 which must be Fowlmere, Cambridge. Is that supposed to be the default base?
    Yes if I delete my uisel.xml file it does restart in Fowlmere, not Fowe66 . which is the qclocations and a gsl ID. However, if you can start QC from there with the P47, then I assume all is OK.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Fowe66 is the ID used in QC Locations. I switched it to HG (Hawkinge) in the Uisel.XML file and now that's the default start. But I still can't select other locations, weather etc

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Yes if I delete my uisel.xml file it does restart in Fowlmere, not Fowe66 . which is the qclocations and a gsl ID. However, if you can start QC from there with the P47, then I assume all is OK.
    Not really, still can't change locations without a CTD

I suggest you try deleting all the AppData entry. Re run MultiCFS3.exe. Re run cfs3config.exe. Then use the masterstartup.bat to start in era 1 and see what happens. If OK, try each era, checking that the global layers, gsl.lib, mission and uires folders are all as per chosen era. If that doesn't work, maybe you need to start all over again, step by step as per readmes.

Ok, using Master Startup I can switch between Era's, using Era Swapper I can switch also. When I go in the Global Layer folder and open the Global Layer Swapper it says hit any key........I don't see any actions when I do that however, perhaps I'm not supposed to? Still can't switch QC locations and somewhere along the way I've screwed up MultiCfs. My main folder is named CFS3 ETO Expansion, the App Data Folder name is CFS3 Exe.1________. Multi CFS won't let me name them the same thing!

1. You should not have to actually work directly on the Global Layer Swapper as that is called for in the masterstartup/era swapper. When you start using materstartup. bat, the screen asks you to select the era and press 'enter' and then maybe any key. That should be all.

2. MultiCfs,exe should let you name it according to the install folder name. I use the install folder name, such as "CFS3 ETO Expansion", or I could use "CFS3 ETO ExpansionD" as it's in my D derive. My MultiCfs,exe name is the same and the Appdata file should be the same as the MultiCfs,exe name, such as CFS3 ETO Expansion_________. If not there will be a problem!

3. So delete AppDatat file
    Re run MultiCfs,exe and use the install folder name
    Run cfg file
    run masterstartup exe, select "1", ENTER, etc.
    Close out CTRL Sft Q
    Check the AppDatat has at least :-
    Folders:- Campaigns, Missions, QuickCom, and Weather
    Files:- CFS3.xca and your controller xca such as CFS3_X56.xca, ConfigOverrides.xml, DefaultOverrides.xml, uisel.xml, UnlimitedPilots.xml, and ViewUI.xml

If you don't have those, there maybe an issue

4. Finally, check that the Missions, uires, Global Layer, Sounds (uimusic.wav) are all for era 1 (ie no file called era1 is there). The redo materstartup for all eras and check again.

Not that I ever got that install sorted out......but I did find a folder on my SSD where my Son must have backed up my installs and found a good working version of ETO. I know it's the easy way out, but I'll take it!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Glad you got it sorted out. Never had a problem once i got around the task of installing this monster. Love it so much. Modded beyond belief now,with the help from friends. Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 1